Saturday, February 23, 2008

Blogging With a Purpose

Woefully inadequate.

That was my response to this award that Xandra gave me.

While I certainly desire that this be a hallmark of my blog, I never dreamed that another might have her soul stirred or her heart pricked by anything I might type.

And yet of all the awards I could receive, this one just might mean the most. Because this award, which originated here, reflects exactly what I feel about so many of the blogs I read and the precious community of which I have become a part.

So I gratefully pass this on to some dear ladies who welcomed me into the blogfold. Some are the ones who drew me to begin blogging. And they are the ones I eagerly visit daily, knowing that I will be encouraged, challenged, and convicted to better my walk. They have a heart for God that is unparalleled. I lovingly salute and pass this award on to Chris, Kelli, Lisa, Lisa (The Preacher's Wife), and Mel.

Reformed Pharisee that I am, LOL, I do indeed follow the rules, so here they are:

Rules:
1. Awarded parties must nominate five people who have not received the award.
2. The blogs that receive the award must serve some purpose.
3. In their post about the award they need to link back to this entry.
4. Awarded parties must post the award banner on their site. The banner must remain linked to the original site. (If anyone can help me with this, that would be great...I can't get it to show up as anything but a jpeg!)

View blog reactions

6 comments:

Lisa Spence said...

Wow, thanks my bloggy friend. I am honored and humbled.

A distinction well deserved on your part!

Blessings to you, friend!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Linda. I'm afraid it's not so deserved on my part lately. But I just returned from our "Loving Well" retreat, which caused me not to have time to blog lately due to preparations, but man, was it worth it!

I appreciate you so much and I also eagerly visit your blog daily! You bless me girl.

Kelli

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for checking on me:) Nice to know Friends care, You so deserve the award!! Love your blog, and friendship:)

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Wow...Blown Away...Humbled...and Honored!!!

Thank you so much Linda, you have blessed me!

xoxo,
Melissa

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Awwwww...thanks, Linda!! I can't tell you how phenomenal your blog is and how happy I am to have met you through this community.

Love you my friend!

Lisa

Kelly said...

So well-deserved! I would have put you on my list if you had not already been awarded. You have been such a blessing since I have returned to blogging.