Friday, April 25, 2008

Why Do We Do This To Ourselves?

One (long) question:

Why -- when I have spent the entire week submersed in all the wonderful songs that we will be singing at this retreat and the message of the speakers, and I know the theme of this particular retreat, possibly more than any other, is for each of us to seek after God wholeheartedly and to be encouraged -- why, then, did I just spend so much time standing in my closet obsessing over what to wear that would look "cute" as the leadership goes out early today to set up (and stops for lunch on the way) and worry about the fact that my pajamas are old and my slippers are dirty and I sure wish I could have gone to Kohl's?

Romans 7:24-25

Photobucket

View blog reactions

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Linda I can so relate to this. If it's all about serving and honoring the Lord....then why do we wonder what should we wear?
I think it comes down to dealing with our priorities. If the clothes/fashion comes before serving the Lord and impacting lives for the Lord, then it's a problem. If it's down a bit on the priorities list I guess it has a place??? I will be interested to hear what others think. I have pondered this many times myself.

May God use you greatly this weekend!! :)

Kelly @ Love Well said...

I believe it's because we're a work in progress.

Have fun this weekend, Linda.

Tracy said...

Aaahhh, because we're not home yet. Thanks for sharing this and being real. = ) Have a great retreat weekend!
Blessings,
Tracy

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Because we are human...and fallen. And ditto on the Kohl's....LOL!

Xandra

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

It's such a girl thing.

I obsess over my toenails being freshly painted.

Weird. I know.

:)

Lisa

Anonymous said...

We're women, started from part of a rib, do we feel incomplete somehow?

@ The Preacher's Wife...LOL, oh my, I'm so busy obsessing over myself sometimes and get stuck somewhere at the waist, I don't have time to make it down to my toenails and critique the dilemma there.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Woman, thou art human. Have a wonderful weekend and report all the details. If someone videotapes it, upload it so that I can hear/see you.

Natalie said...

We've ALL been there and if someone otherwise denys it...they're fibbin'!

Anonymous said...

Well we are women and we want to look good:)Cause when we look good we feel pretty and when we feel pretty we show beauty and love and confidence!
And I worked at Kohls lol
Love ya ladies:)
Deb

Anonymous said...

Cause that's what us girls do!!!

I'm sure you looked adequately cute.

I am praying that you and the girls have an encounter with God that you will never get over this weekend.

Kelli

Lisa Spence said...

I do the exact same thing, all the while praying to be clothed with Jesus which sounds much like a hypocrite...

A Stone Gatherer said...

Probably for the same reason I looked and looked and looked for Taupe Pumps! I have no excuses!