1) We finally made it through The Season. My husband's birthday last night closed out our annual August/September marathon of all of our birthdays plus our anniversary plus the start of school. I had no idea, when I posted on August 1 about the start of those crazy weeks that were about to descend, what would be added to the midst of that.
2) My sister and I have finally managed to play a little Scrabble - 3 games, I think. It's been a time to relax and also just talk a little about our mom as things come to mind. And yes, I won all 3 games. She heads back to South America Thursday morning.
3) Getting the official death certificate makes it really official and final. Very sobering. How thankful I am for the hope we have in Christ.
4) It is very annoying when the funeral home gives you a
5) Video posts of blog friends talking are hilarious and a great stress relief at the end of the day when #3 & 4 have happened. I've got to figure out how to do it next time.
6) I have been utterly blessed by the loving and prayerful support of friends, both local and in blogland, over these last weeks. And two sweet gals from church sent me a gift certificate to a local spa for a massage. I. Can't. Wait.
6) I still need to get my van fixed!
If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men. I Corinthians 15:19
. . .we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him. I Thessalonians 4:13-14
View blog reactions