Wednesday, February 18, 2009

When Wednesday is Monday

Every week has its Monday. And since this week's "calendar Monday" was a school holiday, apparently the "aggravating Monday" decided to land today. Which is surely why the curling iron grabbed my fingers instead of my hair this morning, leaving a ridge on one finger and a blister on my thumb. Guess that's what they mean by blistering hot.

And surely must explain why, as I was setting up the DVD for Bible Study like I've done numerous times, I pushed the wrong button, made the screen go black, and had to call the Worship Pastor in to fix it for me.

And it must be why, as I was running late to a meeting at the school about schedules for next year, I decided to whip into Sonic for lunch to take with me, since the meeting was a brown bag lunch meeting. I rarely eat fast food hamburgers. Thus in my attempt to order a simple and small cheeseburger, I ended up with a double meat, double cheese monstrosity. And their sweet tea? Should be called not-so-sweet tea. (I'd already been reminded of my Chick-fil-A withdrawal fast deprivation by Lisa TerKeurst's post this morning!)

Sigh. Is it bedtime yet?!


Photobucket

View blog reactions

5 comments:

sara said...

stinks when monday moves around!!!! But tomorrow is a new day...right?!

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Those sneaky Mondays! They pop up when you least expect it...

Trevor loves those double meat, double cheese monstronsities, but I think they are nasty. Give me a simple cheeseburger and I'm happy!

Xandra

A Stone Gatherer said...

Wow what a day! I would have thought the big burger was a gift from God though! TEE Hee!

Kelly said...

Well, as Scarlett O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is another day!"
Annie said "The sun will come out TOMORROW, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow they'll be sun."

Tomorrow: Hope it's better!

Anonymous said...

Awww....I've definitely had those days! Moreso now that I'm pregnant!