Thursday, May 7, 2009

NDP - This Song Still Fits!

Today is the National Day of Prayer. Each year a song is commissioned for this event. You can hear this year's song, Somebody's Praying by Ricky Scaggs, here.

However, I wanted to reach into the memory banks and post the song chosen for the 1993 NDP, a song which is still oh-so-timely today, Heal Our Land by Michael Card.


HEAL OUR LAND

Forgive oh Lord - and heal our land
And give us eyes to seek Your face - and hearts to understand
That You alone - make all things new
And the blessing of the land we love - are really gifts from You

Refrain:
If My people - Will humbly pray
And seek My face and turn away - From all their wicked ways
Then I will hear them - And move My hand
And freely then will I forgive - and I will heal their land.

Unite our hearts - in one accord
And make us hungry for Your peace - and burdened for the poor
And grant us hope - that we might see
The future for the land we love - our life, our liberty

Refrain:
If My people - Will humbly pray
And seek My face and turn away - From all their wicked ways
Then I will hear them - And move My hand
And freely then will I forgive - And I will heal their land
And I will heal their land
Heal their land

Written by Michael Card

If My people, who are called by My Name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
II Chronicles 7:14


Photobucket

View blog reactions

2 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

That is a great song Linda! Our country so needs prayer! If I allow myself I could be fearful for what we are going to go through, but I know WHO is in control and that gives me peace!

My ADHD Me said...

I'm so glad I took the time to sit quietly and watch/listen to this. It actually calmed the usual random thoughts swirling around in my head :-)

Well, for a moment anyway. lol

It really was a great clip.

Thanks.