Friday, June 12, 2009

TSMSS - For Xandra

I'm posting a bit early this week because this is a poignant and bittersweet Friday night for a blog friend who has become a dear "real life" friend. These are for Xandra, who is spending the last night in the house she grew up in (she and her husband bought it from her parents) before moving up to Oklahoma. Lots of sweet new memories will be made, but I know that tonight as she walks through her house and goes to sleep one last time within its walls, precious sacred scenes unfold.



And although we certainly intend to see each other again this side of heaven, what a comfort it is for believers to know that we'll be united one day and there will be no more good-byes!



Sweet dreams and memories tonight, my friend! See you soon! (I hope!)

(BTW, both of those songs were sung by Cynthia Clawson, about 20 years apart!)

Join us over at Amy's for more songs for your Saturday!

Photobucket

View blog reactions

12 comments:

Cathy said...

Beautiful - both songs are great. I've never seen either of these videos before. Thanks for sharing.

His Unfailing Love said...

Great songs! Thanks for sharing

Hazel said...

Sweet and sad. May you and your friend meet again. Happy Saturday.

Darlene said...

Fabulous songs!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Karen said...

Both these songs are wonderful classics...I especially love "Precious Memories"...

What a sweet tribute to your friend...

Sita said...

"Precious Memories"..how they linger...so haunting..and tugging at the heart...thanks for sharing this..
may your friend be surrounded by His Presence that never changes or moves...and you too..
Love, Sita

Cathy said...

A very sweet post, Linda ~ I love her singing without music. And the other song was also lovely.

Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

Beautiful songs. I love that you "dedicated" it to your friend!

A Stone Gatherer said...

I didn't know she grew up there too! Oh I hope they are having a great time in the move!!!

Sweet Blessings said...

How sweet is your heart for your friend! It's been a while since I've been able to TSMSS-it's nice to be back and be blessed by the music and say "Hi" to my blog friends! Blessings! Amanda:)

annies home said...

precious songs what a promise we hold as christians that one day on the other side we will see all those that we left behind or went on ahead

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Oh Linda...I am so glad that we did not have the internet until today, because I would have been a crying mess if I had read this last Friday night!

I just posted on my blog about how much I am loved and comforted by my friends and family, and you are right at the very top of the list. Thank you for being there for me, and for the sweet dedication...

I love you!

Xandra