1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie.
In my house, curled up on the couch with a bowl of hot buttery popcorn which was popped on top of the stove. And a Dr Pepper, although I can't drink them after about 2:00 in the afternoon. But that's my all-time favorite combo.
2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be?
Yes and yes. Primarily, I think about songs I want sung and to be sure the pastor works in the plan of salvation.
3. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
Giver. It's actually one of my spiritual gifts.
4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear?
Combo. On our trip this summer we planned some specific things we wanted to be sure to do and left other days open for random "whatever strikes our fancy" activities.
5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly?
My oven. I only remember it needs cleaning when I'm going to be using it too soon to set the self-clean cycle. (Actually, there are lots of things I could answer. I'm not a very fastidious housekeeper, to say the least!)
6. Name a cause that means a lot to you.
" 'Cause I said so." Well, this makes me look like a real stick-in-the-mud, because I'm not a save-the-whales, hug-a-tree, you-name-it-a-thon type person. I guess it would be supporting the church and missions. When I hear statistics on how little people give to their church, it always surprises me. Fortunately, when I was growing up my folks considered it as crucial as paying the mortgage and utility bill. (And my dad was the church treasurer!) And when you get right down to it, I guess that's a pretty important cause!
7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly?
My girl thinks this is totally gross, but I have to put a little butter on it. I have ever since I was a kid. Cuts down on the stickiness of the PB. And no jelly.
8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous?
I would tend to have a hard time maintaining eye contact. Some people probably think I'm trying to see what's on their desk when I talk to them in their office, but I just get really self-conscious and look down a lot.
9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of toothbrushing and jammies?
Pretty basic - just shower, brush teeth, pills, in bed with a book.
10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog?
See #11. (But I still love ya, Lid!) No actually, at the moment nothing comes to mind. I'm hoping that's due to grace and not just a poor memory.
11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree?
Sigh. Here we go again, just to give Lid a laugh in her gloomy week. Hasn't everyone heard this by now?! When I was in my 20's, I was told I resemble Ted Koppel. By my mom.
Boy, did she ever live to regret that statement!
(Hmm, wonder if that could have anything to do with the answer to #8. Ya think?!) I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Well, she sure guaranteed my grasping the "fearfully" part!
12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated?
As much as I love music, I could come up with a zillion answers, but as I type this on Tuesday night, my answer is dedicated to my man. . . . .Happy Birthday to You!
Join the fun over at 2nd Cup of Coffee!
View blog reactions