Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Random Dozen

My fun bloggy friend and fellow co-Lid at 2nd Cup of Coffee has developed a fun meme that I just had to participate in. Because I know you are just desperate to know all these things about me!



1. When you go to Wowmart, what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration?
Cereal. And something that wasn't on my list, which evens out the thing I forgot that WAS on my list (and I am even talented enough to read down my list and think I got everything on it when I didn't!)

2. What is something that people are currently "into" that you just don't get or appreciate?
Twitter. Lost. 24.

3. What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel "ho-hum" about?
Word games, puzzles, & puns. Proper grammar, spelling & punctuation. And surprising people with a gift or a treat.

4. Favorite song to sing in the shower or car?
I don't have one particular favorite - but it's often a classic old hymn. Or a song from a musical. (Sorry, Lid!)

5. A really great salad must have this ingredient:
Nuts, especially if they are glazed pecans.

6. Advice in a nutshell to new bloggers (one or two sentences):
Keep it real. Keep it clean. Keep it kind. This applies to both your own blog posts and your comments on other blogs.

7. What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you? Do you wish they had chosen it instead of the one they gave you?
Keith Dwayne. Very glad they didn't name me that, seeing as how I completely surprised everyone by being a girl! But it still probably would have been better than saddling me with a Ted complex.

8. What in your life are you waiting for?
Cooler weather. Rain.

9. You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from?
A book from one of the publishing companies I review for.

10. Today--what song represents you?



11. What is one thing that blogging has taught you about yourself?
I enjoy having a creative outlet, and I have more words in me than I thought. (I'm fairly quiet in real life!)

12. How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes you're wearing today? What do they say about you in general or specifically how you're feeling today?
Nice denim shorts and one of my favorite "nicer" casual shirts - cool, comfortable, but decent for running errands, having lunch with my man, etc.


Tag---you're it! Go grab the button from Lidna's blog and take a turn!

Photobucket

View blog reactions

8 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Not the TED again! I cracked up out loud at 6:23 am because of that. WHY is that so funny to me?

I forgive you for not liking LOST because you like word stuff.

I should've put musicals in my "not into" list!

I am also fairly quiet in real life, especially compared to other women.

Thanks for playing along!

sara said...

I'm not into twitter either, but 24...have you watched it?!!!! :)

very glad that you were not named Keith....just.can't.see.it.

have a great day!

Kelly said...

Have you ever noticed when you tell people you don't watch 24 they try to CONVERT you! I've had several people offer to lend me season 1 on DVD. Really? NO!

I love that you haven't watched it either. yay us!

Dena said...

Great answers! I am totally the same when it comes to shopping lists. I always forget something written down. :-/

LOVE Natalie Grant!

bp said...

I'm with you on #2! That is a great song you chose, I appreciate the words when I hear it on KLOVE.

Oh yeah, I think of you when I sit in the car line to get Caleb b/c I remember one time you said you read a lot in the pick up line. So now I'm doing that too! I can't believe how much of a book I've gotten through this week doing that.

Have a good afternoon!

Rebecca said...

Proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Me, too!

Quilly said...

#3! We must be twins separated at birth.

And could you please tell me how one signs up to be a book reviewer?

And -- forgive me for plugging my own blog but I really think you'd like this -- if you you stop by my place first thing Monday morning (anytime after midnight Hawaii time), you can join my blog family playing my Punny Monday game -- where I post a photo and the gang all tries to figure out what pun it represents. The first person to guess correctly and email the answer wins a link in my sidebar until next weeks game.

Quilly said...

Oh, Linda told me, "Tell Linda I sent you!" And I almost forgot!