Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Random Dozen - Au revoir 2009!


1. Do you find it gross to share drinks with family? Friends?

Husband & kids occasionally - it's okay. Friends - prefer not to, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

2. What have you learned this year? (You didn't see a question of that weight coming, did you? At least not for #2.)

That Lid will have at least one question that stumps me. And I have learned that it is way too easy to forget what I have learned!

3. When do you dismantle the Christmas decorations?

12:01 am on Dec. 26! Actually, since the tree is on the back porch, it is still there with the lights on it. And I need to put away my nativity set. But generally, as much as I enjoy the decorations during the anticipatory phase of Christmas, I'm ready to put them up as soon as Christmas is over. I like to start the new year fresh, without that chore hanging over my head.

4. Something you wish to accomplish before the end of 2009 is:

Devise a better system to keep my books for reviews organized. A good night's sleep.

5. How do you feel about winter (after Christmas)?

It's a nuisance. I like it cold for Christmas but then I'd just as soon it be 75. I have a bit of a tendency toward seasonal moodiness, and the cold, rainy days of January & February make me drag.

6. Have you participated in after-Christmas sales?

Nope. The only store I've set foot in is the grocery store. And that one was with reluctantce, except people around here like to have regular meals. Such a demanding family!

7. Do you have plans for New Year's Eve?

Just our usual plans: sleeping! We don't stay up late - unless neighboring firecrackers keep us awake!

8. Is there anything special awaiting you in January?

Defining special as out-of-the ordinary (as opposed to exciting), I'm having a "delightful" endoscopy and colonoscopy next Tuesday, the day my kids go back to school.

9. If your life this year was a movie, what category or genre would it be? (Romance, Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Suspense, Farcical, etc.)

Medical drama, since my FIL passed away and I've had more MD appointments than usual.

10. How much time per day do you spend blogging? Please do not lie. I will know.

Anywhere from 2 to 12 hours! LOL I have no idea - 2 hours sounds good, if you count reading and writing.

11. Who runs your household?

It's a team effort. I pay the bills and take care of most of the day-to-day minutiae. He takes care of the big stuff.

12. Share one hope/dream for 2010.

Intentionality. In my spiritual walk, marriage, parenting, etc. I don't want to just go with the flow.







Photobucket

View blog reactions

14 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

Great list Linda! Have a Happy New Year!

sara said...

great answers as usual!!

Loved #2...it is way to easy to forget what I have learned!!

Happy New Year, Linda!!

Joyce said...

wow-you were quick with the tree!

I'm with you on the shopping...my girls had gift cards to spend so I went with them but the stores were so wiped out I told them we'll just go back after New Years.

I'm normally not awake at midnite...we're with friends this year so I'll be drinking some coffee in the afternoon. Which I usually do anyway but I guess I'll need to triple it : )

Happy New Year!

Barbara H. said...

I am similar with #2, and I haven't found a fan of winter after Christmas yet.

Our answers to #11 were similar as well.

quilly said...

#4 -- I keep all the books in the same place, near my computer, in the order of the date the review is due. The only one that gets moved is the one(s) I am currently reading. The book mark is cardstock on which I have written:

Due date:
Publisher:
Genre:
Giveaway: yes/no [I circle one]
Notes:

I also write the review date on the calendar posted by my comp.

#12 -- that's the word I was looking for! Thank you. I want to be a bit more intentional about how I live my life, too!

Melli said...

My daughter dismantles Dec 26th also -- and my SIL dismantles Christmas NIGHT! Oy! When it's done, she's DONE! Crazy....

Intentional was my goal 3 years ago... and it's worked! Especially in my walk with Jesus. I hope it works for you too!

Cathy said...

I played today too for the first time. It's so fun learning more about you.
I get to have one of those tests in February I think is when it's scheduled. I've put it off as long as I can, I guess. lol

Faith said...

loved YOUR answers! thanks for visiting me. I especially liked your answer to #2 and the last one :)
blessings to you and happy new year!

Jewel said...

So liked your answer to #12, to be intentional and not just go with the flow! :-)

bp said...

These are always so fun to read.
I'm trying to figure out #4 too.

Happy new Year

Jill said...

I'm not sure I'm going to make it through until midnight tonight either. Sounds like you have big plans for January. Hope your tests go well.

jamiely78 said...

Happy New Year! I love you answer to #12. It's amazing how easy it is to be an observer to our own lives. Hope all your tests go well.

Unknown said...

Great list, Linda!

I'm like you on the book organization/reviewing! I use Google calendar and that helps. I like it when the publisher sends a sheet with dates to review by, etc.

Happy New Year and I hope Tuesday all comes out ok ;).

Lisa Spence said...

We don't stay up to ring in the New Year either!