Thursday, May 27, 2010

Flashback Friday Prompt



School is winding down and the temperature is going up which means summer is just around the corner.
What were summers like when you were a kid? Did your family have any particular traditions? Did you sleep 'til noon or get up early? Did you attend camps? Spend lots of time at the pool? Was it a neighborhood pool or in your backyard? Did you take swimming lessons? Did you live near a beach? (And do you call it the beach or the coast?!) Did you attend VBS (Vacation Bible School)? Did your library have a reading program that you participated in? What types of prizes were available? Did you get to buy treats from the ice cream truck? Did your family go on vacations? If so, what is a memorable one? Do you associate any particular songs with summer?

Post your flashback tomorrow and link up here!


Photobucket

View blog reactions

3 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

You are a winner at my place...Email me your name, address, etc as soon as we get home from sailing with the MOUSE, your package will be its way

Sandy@Jesus and Dark Choc said...

Got the book today.....it looks great! I am so looking forward to some summer reading!!!!!!!! I will have to look over your site for some other book recommendations! :)
Thanks again!!

Andrea said...

When I think of my childhood...all the happy times I had were with my grandparents...whether playing in the dirt in their yard or bedtime stories...I lived with them most of the time. My other memories of summer are with my parents and sadly they are sad ones....not horrible, but sad!
andrea