Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It Never Ceases to Amaze Me

While out and about today I had a couple of experiences that left me shaking my head.

I went to Kohl's this morning in a desperate attempt to get some shorts and capris that fit, thanks to one of my new anti-migraine prescriptions which has made my weight change, not for the better. I've even been really trying to watch what I eat, which makes it even more discouraging. At least let it be due to something fun, like a bowl of cookies & cream ice cream! But that's a whole 'nother bunny trail. . .

I love how Kohl's has a rack immediately outside the dressing room for you to put your rejects on. It's not 2 feet from the entrance to the dressing room. Apparently this is still too inconvenient for some people. When I went to try some things on, I bet there were at least 10 swimsuits in the only "stall" that was available. At least they were on hangers. How hard is it to pick up your stuff and hang it on the reject rack?! The penalty should be working retail on a Saturday! (I was never a "trash out the dressing room" type, but my first job at Sears absolutely cured any latent tendency I might have had!)


Then just a bit ago I popped into the post office to mail a book. The woman in front of me purchased one stamp for her letter (this after standing in line probably 10 minutes). One stamp. Forty-four cents. And she paid for it with her debit card. Am I just completely out of touch with the way things are done now? I know folks don't pay hard cold cash for a lot of things in this modern era, but can't a person generally scrounge up two quarters? What does this woman do at a soda machine?!


(Reminds me of the time I got some type of refund from a company; I think it was from an overpayment. It was a check for something like 32 cents. It cost more than that for them to cut the check and mail it!)


And finally, I usually stay away from politics on this blog, but this totally flummoxes me. You know the Arizona immigration law is a hot topic. Today another cabinet member, this time Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, has joined Attorney General Eric Holder and State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley in the rapidly expanding club of Those Who Have Not Read The Law Yet Publicly Criticize It. It would be laughable if it weren't so pathetic.


I'm sure glad I don't have any quirks!


Photobucket

View blog reactions

7 comments:

Liz said...

I agree with all three of your issues today. I have never understood why people can't put the clothes back on the "tried on" rack. I've never left clothes in the changing rooms of a store.

Andrea said...

Definitely a strange day....American style!
Blessings, andrea

Mary said...

Doesn't it feel good to just vent sometimes? I participated in "Thank You Very Much" last Thursday through The Daily Dribbles: http://thedailydribbles.blogspot.com/search/label/Thank%20You%20Very%20Much
It was very liberating! :D

Angel said...

The dressing room thing really irks me!!! It's the whole pick up after yourself thing we all should have learned at a very young age. I always think it is crazy when someone pays for something so dorky with their debit card, LOL

Have a great rest of the day

Skoots1moM said...

hay, you gotta vent a little or else you'll spew!
i'm with ya on sooooo many of these

Teresa Dawn said...

We have one store here that asks us to leave stuff in the dressing room stall it's odd. Most have a reject rack... another asks you to put them back where you found them yourself.

As for the cash thing, yes you'd think she could get a couple quarters but I guess if she didn't have it not much she could do. She might be like me and not drink pop haha!

bp said...

The stamp thing made me laugh out loud! I always think why stand in line for one little stamp, I guess that is just a different thought line to get one as you need it cause I just buy them in books! And to put it on the debit card!