Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Love Me Some Random!


1. What was the last thing about which you procrastinated?

Um, writing this post?! And watering the plants. One was starting to droop Sunday and I still haven't gotten it watered.

2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night?

Ten minutes or less, thanks to the relatively new pills I take at bedtime to ward off migraines. They also help me stay asleep most nights, which can be difficult due to my man's apnea machine. It has helped him so much, but sometimes it's like sleeping with a leaf blower!

3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles?

The 90's. The fashions were more subtle. And I loved my cute maternity clothes.

4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd?

Fajitas.

5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse?

Occasionally. Primarily with books. Although I'll sometimes grab something unplanned at the grocery store. But I have no idea what my last impulse purchase was. It was most likely a book. Oh wait, no it wasn't. It was dark chocolate covered coffee beans.

6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral?

Be sure the gospel is presented to that captive audience!

7. If it's true that joy is in found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today?

Tonight's dinner, which was full of good food, conversation and laughter.

8. What is your favorite type of bread?

For sandwiches, I usually buy Mrs. Baird's Whole Grain White. But just to eat with a meal? County Line's homemade bread. They sell their day-old loaves for $2.00.

9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.)

Self-absorption. Especially regarding the tendency to talk about my bowels all the time!

(If you think I jest, you haven't been around enough old people!)

10. What trait would you like most to develop?

If I say one, the opportunity will arise for me to develop it. And it won't be fun!

11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why?

Probably the living room because the piano's in there, as well as an overflowing bookcase, my laptop and my comfy chair.

12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging?

Lid's making a big assumption by starting the sentence with "How" instead of "Do"! I've actually gotten better at saying "No." And since my kids aren't in elementary school, it's a different kind of busy but I'm not always up at the school volunteering.

You know you've been wanting to do this, so post your answers and link up over at 2nd Cup of Coffee!




Photobucket

View blog reactions

13 comments:

Teresa Dawn said...

I like your answers

Anonymous said...

Excellent topics, I am looking this type of topics, I want more. The best chiropractic clinic helps people in Dacula GA with back pain, neck pain, headaches.Call their office and speak to any one of their friendly staff to make an appointment for a FREE consultation.
chiropractor dacula ga

BARBIE said...

Enjoyed your answers!

debseveryday said...

I enjoyed your answers! have a blessed day!

Heidi said...

Great answers! I have yet to post mine (I'm procrastinating!) LOVE chocolate covered coffee beans - they rock! I could so use a handful right about now!

Joyce said...

Ha-I've been around older people...I haven't gotten there yet but I can talk endlessly about the weather which is something I never used to do. I blame England.

My hubs likes to say plants coming into my house are entering a prison camp. I let them almost die before they get water. I'm trying to do better in this house...haven't killed any. Yet. : )

Happy Mother's Day!

Barbara H. said...

Love your answer to #10!

I think #12 is a continual adjustment for all of us. I know some individual days may be out of whack, but I hope everything balances out over the long haul.

sara said...

#10.....love it!!! and isn't that the truth?!?!

Patrice and Higgins said...

Laughing really hard about the leaf blower!!!

quilly said...

That "how" instead of "do" rang a loud bell in my head, especially after today when my blog was down and I had deadlines to meet that had nothing to do with retrieving it!

My last impulse buy was a package of Chocolate covered Reisen's. yum!

Unknown said...

I really like your living room..
I love my maternity clothes too..LOL
Mine is here
Nice to meet you.
Happy Wednesday!
Wishing you an advance HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
hugs
shakira

Robin Lambright said...

Sleeping with a leaf blower...LOL!

#10, I'll give you a big AMEN for that one. It's like praying for patience, you just need to duck you head and run for cover because you will rapidly be given a situation where patience is needed in large quantities!

Blessings
R

Cathy said...

Good answers. Yeah, books would probably be my main #1 impulse buying.