Monday, June 28, 2010

A Big Day

Just popping in for a minute before I send my girl off for TWO WEEKS on a mission trip in another country. I declare, I don't think her parents have a lick of sense!

Actually, we are excited for her and very much at peace about this whole thing. She's going with a group of teens from all over the country plus Canada, and that's all I'll say right now. She has been counting down the days for months.

Life has been such a whirlwind getting ready for the trip plus all her music camps and activities she's had in the past two weeks. I tease her that she needs to leave so I can get some rest! But my momma heart knows how l-o-n-g two weeks will seem without her!

Any prayers you care to lift up on her behalf -- and her family's! -- are much appreciated.


Photobucket

View blog reactions

12 comments:

Lauri said...

Sending prayers for you & your family. I am sure this is very hard for you.
I will pray for your daughters safety.
God Bless you & your family, especially your daughter.

Diana Ferguson said...

Will do!!! Stay busy.......

Julia M. Reffner said...

I will add your daughter to my prayers today. I imagine you will miss her a lot...and are excited for her at the same time.

sara said...

How exciting for her!!! I know how hard it is to send them off. I will be praying for her, that she would see God work in and through her while there!!! And of course praying for YOU!

noexcuses said...

I think it's a great experience for her! I'll be happy to keep her in my prayers. My baby girl (17) is coming home today from two weeks in China. We've had email to keep in touch with, but I haven't heard her voice since Jun 12.

Hang in there!

Nel said...

How exciting! Remembering all of you in prayer (especially momma) lol.

until next time... nel

bp said...

Saying prayers for a safe trip and for your family while she is away!

Teresa Dawn said...

I always wanted to do a trip like that (specifically to Russia) but it is too expensive. Praying for her safe journey.

Joyce said...

I will add her to my prayers...so exciting! I'm sure it will be life changing. My own girls went to Romania and Bulgaria on mission trips in high school and consider those weeks some of the most significant of their lives.

Tami said...

Thinking of you! I know those trips can be so wonderful for the kids who go.

CeeCee said...

Bless her heart! (oh, now I sound like my grandma. LOL) Will keep you all in my prayers.

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Well of course! It must be hard to let her go, but I can't think of a better reason to do it! It's awesome to see the way God is using your sweet girl for His glory and that you and your husband are being obedient by allowing her to pursue those things.

Praying for her safety and for your sanity!

Love ya!
Xandra