Sunday, June 13, 2010

Golden Girl

My girl had a great time last week helping with a music camp at a local church. The musical they did was Good Kings Come in Small Packages, which may be the cutest children's musical I have ever seen. The kids at the camp were in elementary school, with a lot of them having just finished Kindergarten or first grade. My girl came home each day talking about how adorable the kids were, and Thursday night after the performance, it was evident that the kids loved my girl as well!

I generally don't put pictures of my kids on my blog, but I feel pretty safe sharing this picture of my girl as the false god Baal! She was thrilled when we stumbled across a mask while on an unrelated errand; she had been a little worried she would have a hard time not smiling. The plus for me was that I didn't have to spray her face.



When I finished spraying her gold outside the church, I told her she looked like C3P0 from Star Wars, so she posed accordingly!



She's my very own American Idol!


Photobucket

View blog reactions

14 comments:

Karen said...

My 20-year-old girl loves the little ones too. She works at a daycare over the summer and always has stories to tell.

Barbara H. said...

What fun...she does look like C3PO. He'd be thrilled to know he had a female counterpart! I'm glad she found a mask -- I'd hate to think of spray paint over one's mouth, nose, and eyes.

Diana Ferguson said...

That's so awesome. God bless.....

Robin Lambright said...

Way COOL!

Sounds like a cute play!

Reminds me of those street performers you see in various tourist places. They act like statues and then move suddenly and try to scar unsuspecting tourist!

Blessings
R

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

What a GREAT costume!!

Her C3PO impersonation is great!! :D

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

That is awesome!!! I think the mask is the perfect touch, actually a little menacing for a false god--or an Oscar. And I can still see that her eyes look like yours. :)

quilly said...

Oh how wonderful!

sanjeet said...

That's so awesome. God bless.
PPC Advertising India

Joyce said...

She looks great! How hard was that to remove?

CeeCee said...

What a blessing to find the mask! I can't get over how professional she looks. On first glance I thought you found this picture on the Iternet. You go! I know you are proud she is willing to help out in ministry too!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous costume! She looks amazing!

Cathy said...

She looks so cool!! Awesome!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Very Cool! Glad she had fun!

Unknown said...

What a GREAT costume!
Grow taller 4 idiots