Saturday, June 5, 2010

TSMSS - Words of Comfort


I've posted this one before, but it's been almost two years, so I guess it's okay to repeat it. I needed to be reminded of the truths found in these two beautiful hymns.


DOES JESUS CARE?

Does Jesus care when my heart is pained
Too deeply for mirth or song?
As the burdens press and the cares distress
And the way grows weary and long?

Oh yes! He cares! I know He cares
His heart is touched with my grief
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary
I know my Savior cares.


Does Jesus care when my way is dark
With a nameless dread or fear?
As the daylight fades into deep night shades
Does He care enough to be near?

Does Jesus care when I've said goodbye
To the dearest on earth to me?
When my sad heart aches 'til it nearly breaks
Is it felt by Him, does He see?

WORDS: Frank Graef, 1901
MUSIC: J. Lincoln Hall, 1901


GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU

Be not dismayed whate'er betide,
God will take care of you;
Beneath His wings of love abide,
God will take care of you.

God will take care of you,
Through every day, over all the way;
He will take care of you,
God will take care of you.


Through days of toil when heart doth fail,
God will take care of you;
When dangers fierce your path assail,
God will take care of you.

All you may need He will provide,
God will take care of you;
Nothing you ask will be denied,
God will take care of you.

No matter what may be the test,
God will take care of you;
Lean, weary one, upon His breast,
God will take care of you.

WORDS: Civilla D. Martin
MUSIC: W. Stillman Martin


Go visit Amy's to be blessed by more songs!

Photobucket

View blog reactions

9 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I've seen Mark Lowry's comic side... it was a nice change hearing him sing that song.

I loved the second video. The pianist is anointed!

Be blessed this weekend!

quilly said...

Love both those songs. My favorite Mark Lowry song is, "Mary Did You Know." The first time I heard it was on the car radio and I had to pull over because I was crying.

Cathy said...

Beautiful Linda! It's been a long time since I've heard that song "Does Jesus Care" It was beautiful and the words are so true. Thank you for sharing it.

Michelle said...

I don't recall hearing either of these.
Thanks for posting.

Debbie Petras said...

Even though I absolutely know this in my head, it's always good to hear the reminder. Yes, Jesus cares for me. I praise and thank Him for that.

Thank you Linda for posting these two videos. Lovely piano playing too.

Blessings,
Debbie

Lisa notes... said...

Love both of those hymns! Thanks for sharing again. Can't hear those too often.

Kelly said...

THanks for sharing songs today. I haven't been by lately, so wanted to be sure and leave a comment. Hope you are well.

LivingforGod said...

Thanks for sharing these two videos. Jesus does care! One of my favorite verses is Psalm 68:19,
"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens."

A Stone Gatherer said...

Ya know Linda you always bring such fond memories back for me on TSMSS. Thanks so much!