Thursday, July 15, 2010

Flashback Friday Prompt




What sort of sayings, colloquialisms, or proverbs did your family say when you were growing up? When were they used? What do you find yourself saying that you vowed you would never say? What do you say that drives your kids nuts? Is there a regional aspect to your speech? Do you have an accent and were you ever teased about it?

Be as verbose as you wish as you share your flashback tomorrow, and come back here to link up!


Photobucket

View blog reactions

4 comments:

Robin Lambright said...

Great prompt for this week!

Blessings
R

Andrea said...

"I didn't fall off a turnip truck, yesterday!"

Blessings,
andrea

Missy said...

eeeeeeeew, I will have to return when I have more time.

I will say, the one that comes into mind the most often lately is one my N. Carolina native dad always said: "He couldn't find his {butt} with both hands and a flashlight." That seems to apply quite frequently to certain members of this household :)

bp said...

Hmmmmmm, interesting. You've got me thinking!