Saturday, October 1, 2011

TSMSS - The Majesty and Glory of Your Name



This is one of my all=time favorite songs to sing in a choir. This is a beautifully done video which matches the lyrics so well. How can anyone look at the world around them and deny God's very existence?!



THE MAJESTY AND GLORY OF YOUR NAME
Lyrics: Linda Lee Johnson
Music: Tom Fetke

When I gaze into the night skies
And see the work of Your fingers;
The moon and stars suspended in space.

Oh, what is man that You are mindful of him?
You have given man a crown of glory and honor,
And have made him a little lower than the angels.
You have put him in charge of all creation:
The beasts of the field, the birds of the air,
The fish of the sea.

But what is man?
O what is man
That You are mindful of Him?

O Lord, our God the majesty and glory of Your name
Transcends the earth and fills the heavens.
O Lord, our God; little children praise You perfectly,
And so would we.

Alleluia! Alleluia!
The majesty and glory of Your name.
Alleluia! Alleluia!
The majesty and glory of Your name.
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!
Alleleuia
For since the creation of the world
God’s invisible qualities—
His eternal power and divine nature—
have been clearly seen,
being understood from what has been made,
so that people are without excuse.

Romans 1:20

Be sure to visit Amy's for more songs!

Photobucket

View blog reactions

5 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

How have I missed this song? I imagine it is a quite moving one to sing. I love that God set up pointers to him all over the world. All we have to do is look and we'll see him everywhere.

My Soul Speaks said...

Oh i like this one thanks. My first time joining...Happy weekend.

Michelle said...

Amen!

`His eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen`

Karen said...

Gorgeous! I love to hear the scripture put to music and sung by a choir! Have a blessed weekend.

Deven said...

One of my faves to sing or direct. Oh, who am I kidding? I sing when I am the director. How could I possibly not?? :)