Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Spooky Wednesday Hodgepodge



Apparently, this is the 50th Wednesday Hodgepodge. Wow! Way to go, Joyce!

1. What gives you goosebumps?

God moments, when you experience or hear about something that is so obviously orchestrated by Him.

And being cold.

2. Halloween-are you a lover or a hater? Okay, that sounds harsh...Halloween-yay or nay?

I'm relatively neutral, with a little more toward the nay. Not for any philosophical reason but because I never was creative with the whole costume deal. I dreaded that every year when my kids were little. I couldn't bring myself to spend all that money on a costume, but I just wasn't clever enough or crafty enough to come up with something cute. And my kids didn't even like a lot of the candy they got, especially my boy.

3. Can you respect someone you do not trust, and can you trust someone you do not respect?

I'd say no to both. Those traits are pretty closely connected.

4. Apples or oranges? Yes, you have to choose.

Wow, brutal choice. Apples. Crunchier and easier to eat.

5. What is something you wish was in your town? (shop, restaurant, attraction, etc)

I've always heard about In-N-Out Burgers and wanted to try one. They've actually got some in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area now, so maybe they'll work their way down here.

6. What non-food item is in your refrigerator or freezer?

One of those frosty mugs. And an ice pack, of course.

7. Are you at all superstitious?

I'd say no, but that might jinx me!

No, seriously, I'm not, and it's a good thing, because I'd be way too OCD about it!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Be sure to come back Friday for a timely guest blog post by an author!



Photobucket

View blog reactions

8 comments:

Joyce said...

I was never all that great in the costume department either but between ballet and our dress up box we could usually come up with something. Young mothers seem so much more creative now about stuff like this than my generation was. I guess we can thank the internet : )

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'm glad I'm not a mom nowadays ... I'm not creative enough to come up with the cute costumes that seems to be the norm these days. All the other kids would be dressed in fantastic costumes put together by their moms, and my daughter would be "stuck" in something from Target. ha!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I was never the queen mom of costumes. I have no design eye for that sort of thing. I made a killer Cleopatra one one year....my red headed daughter wanted to try out black hair. she was gorgeous with it. Last year (at 30) she was Abbi off of NCIS...and looked amazing.

Expats Again said...

How do young mom's find the time for that kind of creativity? My son made his own costume in 6th grade for parochial school and they sent him home. Unbeknownst to me, he was Hitler! Geesh!

annies home said...

so agree those God moments are awesome come see what my answers were at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Mary said...

I hated trying to figure out what to be for Halloween when I was growing up! I'm suppose to dress up on Sun. for a party, and I'm close to panicking.

Kimberly said...

I am coming back Friday! You have me curious of who the author is.

DD said...

I thought it was great that you would be PCS about superstition if you followed it. I would be too. Definitely.