Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge on A Fall Morning

Just so y'all know, fall has finally arrived in Texas! In fact, this morning it's downright nippy with the temperature dipping down into the 40's! I'm pulling out my denim jacket and making soup for dinner!



1. How do you typically react in a sudden, extreme, pressure-filled crisis? Would we want you nearby in an emergency?

I usually go into organizational, get-it-done mode. Yes, you would want me nearby, especially if it were a medical emergency. I can see big pictures and anticipate problems.

On the other hand, if the "sudden, extreme, pressure-filled crisis" were something like a snake in the house or yard, or some other uninvited non-human creature (or even some human ones!), then all bets are off!

2. Caramel apple-caramel sundae-caramel corn-caramel macchiato...of the four, which carmel treat would you choose?

Caramel corn. Especially if it's the Boy Scout Caramel Corn with nuts!

3. Is there such a thing as destiny? Explain.

You mean this kind of destiny?!



Uh, I don't think so!

But this kind? Absolutely!

For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:10)

. . .being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. (Philippians 1:6)

4. What's your favorite piece of furniture? I'm referring to something currently in your possession as opposed to something on your wish list.

I really love my leather recliner. It's "my space."

I also really, really, really love our grand piano, which was my wedding gift from my man way back when. But I don't think of a piano as "furniture." It is so much more than that!

5. Wednesday night marks the start of the 2011 Baseball World Series. Did you know? Do you care? Will you be watching? Ever been to a professional baseball game? If you're not an American do you find the title 'World Series' annoying or amusing?

a. Vaguely - I knew it was soon.
b. Not really.
c. No.
d. Yes, as a child - Houston Astros.
e. I AM an American and I have still always thought it was funny that it is called the World Series when all the teams are essentially US (are there still a couple of Canadian teams? See how much I pay attention?!)

6. A sound that takes me back to my childhood is____________.

Cicadas and lawnmowers on a summer evening.

7. On average, once you've linked your hodgepodge post to mine how many other participant blogs do you visit? Do you ever come back to the Hodgepodge later in the day or even the day after to read posts?

Oh, now Joyce is going to start prying and pulling out confessions! Is she trying for the death of the Hodgepodge?! To be honest, I have been a horrible Hodgepodge hopper lately. Ever since life kinda imploded in the spring with everything going on in my life, I have barely been getting my own posts written. I have not been able to visit other blogs nearly as much as I would like to. i miss that. I miss the camaraderie and the fellowship, not to mention the witty answers each Wednesday! I try to pop in on a few blogs at some point for the Hodgepodge, but I have been way too invisible. I appreciate those of you who still visit my blog more than you can possibly know!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Saw this on Barbara H's blog and it cracked me up. Had to swipe it for my random thought!




Photobucket

View blog reactions

6 comments:

Jill said...

That density clip always cracks me up! I'm glad I'm not the only one that's fallen down on the Hodgepodge. I definitely know about life imploding! : )

Love your random thought. Have you ever seen the cartoon that says you are what you eat? Then the other character says that they need to eat a skinny person.

Have a great day!

Cathy said...

Love the calorie thing...in fact I had to pin it so I can remember it. Too funny!

Loved your destiny answer. That last scripture about God being faithful to complete what He's begun is such a great one. Hubby used it Sunday and reminded us that we are still under construction.

Great answers Linda and I totally get the busy life thing. Mine too. I'm hoping things are starting to slow down for the winter.

Anonymous said...

Classic movie...good choice for that question!!

Lawnmowers make me think of lazy summer evenings...can't hear them without smelling the aroma of damp, freshly cut grass. Sigh...

The calorie quote...too cute!

BTW, I received the book the other day and have been meaning to send you an email to thank you. This is my lazy, very un-Southern way of acknowledging your thoughtful gesture. Love you, Sister-in-Christ!!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love your #8!! Too funny!

My grandson is a Cub Scout and sold popcorn ... I ordered the caramel corn with nuts. I can't wait for it to be delivered! Yummy!

Susan said...

Your reply to #3 is spot on! I couldn't agree more.

As for #5, yup there's the Toronto Blue Jays. I'm Canadian, so I know this ONLY because Montreal used to have the Montreal Expos, and they made it to the world series way back in the day but then the league went on strike so the series that year was cancelled so we Montrealers were very ticked off. Later on the Expos were sold to somewhere in the USA (not sure on that) so we rallied around the Blue Jays as "our team" and were very happy when they won the series two years in a row but then sucked after that so I haven't kept up with baseball since so that's pretty much all I know on the Canadian side of things anyway.

Joyce said...

My mind went right to a medical emergency. I may need to rethink my answer since I hadn't considered snakes in the house.

Life is busy! Glad you got to play along today!