Wednesday, November 9, 2011

If it's Hodgepodge, it Must be Wednesday



1. Of all the tools and gadgets you own which do you most enjoy using?

My iPhone. And my laptop.

2. When (if ever) is impatience a virtue?

When you have just dialed 911 and are doing CPR.

3. What temperature do you keep your thermostat set to in winter? Do you have another way to heat your house besides a furnace of some type?

Not near warm enough! I think we keep it somewhere around 70.

4. Do/did you have a close relationship with any of your grandparents?

Only with my paternal grandmother, and that was somewhat limited because she went into a nursing home when I was ten years old. But I adored her and she was the perfect definition of a grandmother. I loved being at her tiny apartment (my grandfather died when I was two and she moved into town from the farm), being her "bedfellow", playing Crazy Eight and Scrabble with her. She loved God and loved her family and was a delight to all of us.

5. When did you last have a family portrait taken?
We usually do a snapshot of the four of us for the Christmas letter, but our last formal portrait was--yikes!--about ten years ago, for a church directory.

6. What does the word patriotism mean to you?

Love and respect for what the USA represents and appreciation for the sacrifices made by so many so that we can enjoy the freedoms that set this country apart from the rest of the world.

7. Do you like to play cards and if so, what's your favorite card game?

I grew up playing Canasta but haven't played it in years. My girl and I like to play Nerts periodically. I've also always loved Solitaire. But the computer kinda ruined playing it with real cards, being able to shuffle and reset instantaneously! I also like Spades and Hearts.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Why are Christians the only ones who have to be tolerant? Everywhere the mantra today is "it's a woman's body/her right to choose," yet it was amazing how vitriolic the comments were at the end of an article I read yesterday where the D*ggars announced that they are expecting baby #20. Personally, I think they are nuts, but the last I heard, they are managing their own affairs and not on food stamps or asking for handouts. Why is it only a woman's right to choose to kill or not have children? Just wonderin'. . . .




Photobucket

View blog reactions

3 comments:

Joyce said...

I'm always impressed with the patience Michelle Duggar displays...they seem to have raised well behaved, productive children and while I wouldn't choose to have 20 myself I don't see that its anyone's business if they do. I too get tired of the whole 'tolerance' mentality...essentially it means tolerance as long as we're talking about a particular viewpoint.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I agree with you on the Duggars. I couldn't do it (I barely had enough patience for 1 child), but just because I couldn't do it and think they're crazy for doing it, it's really none of my business how many children they have. Especially since they're able to provide for them and seem to be doing a fine job of raising them to be productive and responsible people. I am so sick of this whole "tolerance" thing ... it sure seems like it's just an excuse to bash Christians. And finally! Someone else who thinks that 70 is not nearly warm enough! ha!

Cathy said...

Well said on the Duggars.