Saturday, November 12, 2011

TSMSS - He Hideth My Soul


When I was growing up, the Christian radio station in Houston (KHCB) aired a program every night at 8:30 called Haven of Rest. The music was provided by the Haven of Rest quartet. I remember as a little girl going to sleep to the soothing sounds of this men's quartet singing beautiful hymns. What fun it was to discover their songs on YouTube and enjoy them once again. I love this hymn and the reminder that God is our refuge and He protects us by hiding us in the cleft of the rock and covering us with His hand!



Visit Amy's for more songs!


Photobucket

View blog reactions

2 comments:

Leah said...

I remember that song from my childhood - haven't sung it in years! Thanks, Linda!

- Leah

Rebecca said...

My 84 year old mother is adament that her funeral begin with the fog horn of the Good Ship Grace followed by a recording of "I've Anchored My Soul in the Haven of Rest"!

How I loved this program....and Back to the Bible Broadcast...and Songs in the Night...