Saturday, July 21, 2012

ICRS & the Christy Awards!

I'm back. And all I can say is WOW!

I didn't intend to go quite this long without posting but I didn't take into account how absolutely exhausted I would be. A friend asked if my surgery made me more tired. I'm not sure I can really blame it on that. It was just a non-stop pace with lots of excitement and not nearly enough sleep.

Toss in a really nice hotel but which had far too inadequate insulation between my room and the bathroom next door (and he didn't always flush! LOL) and the exhaust-o-meter was just about maxed out by the time I arrived home Thursday night.

Now I have just over a week to recalibrate, get most--or at least some--of the interviews transcribed, write my article for Christian Fiction Online Magazine, and get myself and my girl ready for our amazing trip to Germany! I can't imagine being a jet-setter who does this on a regular basis!

Here is one of my favorite pictures from my trip. What an incredible treat it was to room with Ronie Kendig and get to know her better in person. She is such fun! The icing on the cake was being there to see her win the Christy Award for her novel Wolfsbane.


Another highlight of my trip was seeing Tamera Alexander, who has become a dear friend over the past year or two. We had far too short of a time together but we made the most of it! I met her daughter last year and it was fun seeing Kelsey again, and it was a treat to meet Tammy's husband, Joe, and her son, Kurt. Here's a pic of Tammy and me Monday morning and another one at the Christy Awards.




For more pictures, check out my Facebook page

Interviews, reviews, and giveaways will be on my blog in the days to come!


Photobucket

View blog reactions

2 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Oh my, how fun is this? I will have to check out your Facebook page to see more of the photos. And no wonder you're exhausted.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Mary said...

Sounds like you had an incredible time! Rest up...I bet Germany is going to be amazing!