Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hodgepodging Toward 100


Wednesday has rolled around again which means it's time for the Hodgepodge! I'm always in awe that Joyce can come up with questions week after week! This is week #92 - and how crazy is this? The centennial version will land on Halloween, October 31! I'm sure Joyce will come up with a fun way to celebrate the 100th version! Come on over to her blog and join the fun!

1. In your opinion what's the most important job in the world? Oh, and parenting is a given so besides parenting, what's the most important job in the world?

There are many jobs that are important. I don't know that there is one job that outweighs any of the others, but I do know that how one does whatever job he/she has is more important than the actual job: Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. (Colossians 3:23-24)

2. Share a favorite or not so favorite memory from a childhood birthday.

My 5th birthday: I had a party (my only one; my mom had a thing about inviting people to bring you a gift) and I got my "five-year-old bed." I wrote a post about it back when I was doing my Flashback Friday meme here.

3. Peanut butter-crunchy or smooth?

Smooth in a sandwich, crunchy when making cookies or on buttered toast.

4. William Butler Yeats is credited as saying, "Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing." Your thoughts?

Solomon was right: there is "nothing new under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9) They call it "New Age", but Yeats lived 100 years ago, and I think this sounds pretty New Age-y to me. I do not necessarily equate happiness with growth. In fact, growth is often painful and miserable at the time!

5. What's something that makes you cringe?

Fingernails on the chalkboard. Coarse language. Disrespectful children. Rodents or other critters in my house.

Oh, the question was singular, not plural?!

6. Name a song that always puts you in a good mood?

Matt Redman's 10,000 Reasons - I just LOVE that song!



7. The answer is yes. What's the question?

Wanna go grab a mocha together?!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

My boy turned 19 yesterday. It really struck me how old that was when I opened the package of candles and realized it was easier to count out the number that I wasn't using! Seems like yesterday that I was putting those five candles on the cake, not storing them in the box!



Photobucket

View blog reactions

5 comments:

Joyce said...

#100 falls on Halloween? I'm going to have to put my thinking cap on for that one!

Happy Birthday to your son!

April said...

Happy Birthday to your son...they sure grow up fast, don't they? Fingernails on a chalkboard drive me insane!

Lighthousegal said...

Hope your son had a Happy Birthday. My son just turned 27 and my daughter will be 18 in a few weeks and has just started college, she is my baby and it is hard for me not having a child in the house to take care of. I see them both often, and they call me up for cooking advice, household stuff etc... At least they still need me!

Anonymous said...

nice post thanks for sharing i found your blog thrue other followers looking for to visit more blessings

Anonymous said...

Happy belated to your son! I'm a bit behind in blog reading, so please forgive my tardiness.