1. So, when did you last take a walk in the woods? A stroll along the beach? A drive going nowhere in particular in the car?
Neither woods nor beach are in my vicinity, so summer of 2011 would be the last time I strolled along the beach, when we were on vacation in Galveston. I'm not big on driving aimlessly--especially with the price of gas!
2. Are you sending Christmas cards this year? About how many do you send? Photo card or something more traditional? How do you display the cards you receive?
I don't know if I'll get them sent or not. Things have been so hectic. I usually buy my cards in October or November and haven't. I also usually write our Christmas newsletter in the form of a poem. Not sure that's going to happen this year, either.
3. What's a word you've heard too much of in the past week?
I'm not sure I could choose just one. Alzheimer's is probably at the top of the list.
4. December 13th is National Cocoa Day-are you a fan? Plain or flavored? Marshmallows or no marshmallows?
If it's powdered, I'll pass. Homemade with Hershey's cocoa, you bet! Plain or with a bit of mint, and skip the marshmallows. But a dollop of whipped cream would be delightful!
5. What is something you do to help alleviate the hectic pace of the Christmas season?
I've cut waaay back on how much baking I do. I used to bake and give away a ridiculous amount of stuff, but as much as I loved doing it, I was exhausting myself and I realized that nobody really needs those calories!
We have also cut way back on our gifting. We basically give our Christmas away and just do stockings.
6. Besides jewelry, what's a favorite sparkly-glittery item in your home or closet?
My girl's smile.
7. Share a favorite line or two from any Christmas carol.
Oh, I have a bunch. I just posted It Came Upon the Midnight Clear yesterday. Absolutely love this verse:
Whose forms are bending low,
Who toil along the climbing way
With painful steps and slow,
Look now! for glad and golden hours
Come swiftly on the wing.
O rest beside the weary road,
And hear the angels sing!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today is 12/12/12. So I set this to post at 12:12 am. I'm taking a variety of little plastic snack bags, each with 12 goodies--nuts, candy, dried fruit, or tiny cookies--to the church staff. Everyone will choose a bag, and we will enjoy our goodies at 12:12 pm!
View blog reactions