1. How will you spend 'the night before Christmas'?
We'll go to the late afternoon Christmas Eve service and then we will eat Mexican food, as we always do.
2. What is one thing you are not?
3. Fudge-are you a fan? Your favorite flavor?
Yes, in small amounts, but it has to be chocolate and it has to have nuts. My favorite is the Foolproof Fudge I make with chocolate chips, Eagle Brand Condensed Milk, vanilla, and pecans. Quick, easy, and incredibly delicious!
4. Did you attend any craft/vendor fairs in the month of December? Do you prefer homemade goodies or the more professional stalls? Are you giving any homemade gifts this year?
No, I'm not a big craft fair person. I do generally give peanut brittle to several people. I'm not sure they would be friends with me if I didn't. LOL
5. What's your favorite type of holiday gathering?
A casual party at someone's house with food and friends!
6. We're approaching a new year...what's going to be different in 2013?
My girl will graduate from high school and go to college, and we will have an empty nest next fall.
7. Share a favorite scripture, quote, saying, or song lyric relating to peace.
It's a bit of a toss-up between these two:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I forgot to tell you last week that I made it to the FINALS in our staff dart tournament a couple of weeks ago! I played our children's minister, and it was the first time the final round was between two women. It was an extremely close game, and we were actually tied as we neared zero, but she prevailed. We had such fun! I was just shocked that I made it that far.
Have a blessed Christmas!
View blog reactions