Time once again to join Joyce for the Wednesday Hodgepodge. This one has a bit of a patriotic flair, as Joyce will be giving the Hodgepodge a holiday next week for the Fourth of July.
1. What do the words 'freedom' and 'liberty' mean to you? Does your mind go more in the direction of not being persecuted or discriminated against or does it head in the direction of doing what you please?
I tend to go more with the first definition and with freedom from bondage, such as the freedom God's grace gives us.
2. Nathan's sponsors a hot dog eating contest every 4th of July. Last year over 40,000 people attended the event and almost 2 million watched it on TV. The winner ate over 60 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes. How do you like your hot dogs?
Mustard, chili, cheese, and a smidgen of purple onion. And just one. It always astounds me to hear what the winner of the Nathan's contest eats, but I can't stand to watch it.
3. If you were going to enter an eating contest what would be on the menu?
I am not a fast eater, so I couldn't enter a contest that requires you to do it fast. But I can eat a lot of popcorn!
4. Do you run your house more as a dictatorship or a democracy?
Do those have to be the only two choices?! My man and I are definitely the last word, but dictatorship sounds awfully harsh. It's not as though we don't ever consider our kids' opinions. But they don't necessarily get an equal vote, either.
5. Where was your favorite summer place when you were a kid?
Wherever I could read a book.
6. Do you have a guest room? Would you want to stay there?
Yes. Sure - and I do if my man or I don't feel well. (It's easier for me to move because he has a CPAP.) There's a good chance I'll be in there tonight!
7. Next Wednesday America celebrates her independence. Do you have any special plans for the 4th of July? If you live outside the USA when and how does your country celebrate its own patriotic holiday?
No special plans right now. I just want to get through this week first.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
As I type this, my gallbaldder is tucked in its normal place in my body. If you read this after around 9:30 CDT, it will be in a container (along with the stones) on its way to the lab!
View blog reactions