Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Hodgepodge!


What better way to start off the new year than to join Joyce for a brand new set of Hodgepodge questions?!

1. How did you ring in the new year?

Very quietly, in bed with a book! I really didn't even intend to be up, but my girl was at a sleepover and my boy had a friend come visit so I stayed up a bit longer than usual.

2. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?

My man and I will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.

3. Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, "All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives." What say you?

Overall, I think that's true. I certainly hope I change (for the better!) and grow as the years pass.

4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color? Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013?

I am not a fan of green. Except for money! I do have an emerald drop on a necklace.

5. Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone?

Well, diamonds are really nice. I also love sapphires.

6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012.

I can never pick a favorite book! That's like asking me to pick my favorite child! And I rarely go to the movies. I enjoyed Les Mis when my girl and I saw it last week.

7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?

In light of the fiscal cliff mess and the fact that we will have two kids in college this fall, this passage has been on my mind a lot lately:

Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to tread on the heights.

(Habakkuk 3:16-17)

8. Insert your own random thought here.

New Year's always puts us in a purge mood. Yesterday we went through closets and some accumulated "to deal with later" piles and now have a huge load to donate and recycle. We could easily do it again and come up with at least that much more. Lord, deliver us from stuff!

Ironic #8 in light of #7. . . . LOL

Blessings to you as 2013 begins!


Photobucket

View blog reactions

8 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

I TRIED to purge Washington with my vote, but 51% didn't agree with me...:(

Angie said...

Love your sense of humor. I would have found the irony between # 7 & # 8 smile-worthy too.

Diamonds go with everything!!

We will celebrate our 25th too (and I forgot to put that down in my answer.) We don't have anything big planned yet.

Happy New Year!

Wayne W Smith said...

Congrats on 25 years! Wishing you and yours a very happy new year!

retired not tired said...

Congratulations on 25 years of wedded bliss! We celebrate 40 this year and I want a party!

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

Two kids in college - been there, done that - not fun. Good luck.

Courtney said...

Wow! 25 years! Go you guys!

Joyce said...

My husband cleaned out his closet over the holidays so I have a pile to donate here too.

25 years! Whoohoo!

bp said...

Happy New Year!

I enjoyed your reviews today also. I just finished Belonging and look forward to starting the next one and doing my giveaway. When I signed up I didn't realize it was two books but I really enjoyed the first one so I'm glad I got them!