1. What's the best thing about growing older?
Not being in junior high/middle school ever again.
2. When did you first feel like a grown-up?
When I graduated from college and was completely independent from my parents.
3. Chocolate cake with white icing or white cake with chocolate icing?
Chocolate cake with chocolate icing. Why does any of it have to be white?!
And for the record, let me just say that there are few things more disappointing than seeing a cake with chocolate icing and discovering that the inside is white. Talk about false advertising! It really ought to be illegal.
4. What's the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you?
Become a friend.
5. What's something you learned from your grandparents?
I think I got my love of games, especially Scrabble, from my paternal grandmother.
6. Wednesday marks a sad day in the history of planet earth-9/11...what's something you do (or can do) to bring peace to your little corner of the world?
I'm having coffee with a friend!
7. Share a favorite quote, scripture, or song containing the word peace.
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (Spoken by Jesus in John 14:27)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Tomorrow I head to Indianapolis for the ACFW conference. I can't wait. Three days talking books and hanging out with author friends is such fun, and I've never been to Indiana before. And I'm doubly excited because I get to spend Monday with a dear blogging friend!
View blog reactions