Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Hodgepodge is a Piece of Cake!


1. What's the best thing about growing older?

Not being in junior high/middle school ever again.

2. When did you first feel like a grown-up?

When I graduated from college and was completely independent from my parents.

3. Chocolate cake with white icing or white cake with chocolate icing?

Chocolate cake with chocolate icing. Why does any of it have to be white?!

And for the record, let me just say that there are few things more disappointing than seeing a cake with chocolate icing and discovering that the inside is white. Talk about false advertising! It really ought to be illegal.

4. What's the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you?

Become a friend.

5. What's something you learned from your grandparents?

I think I got my love of games, especially Scrabble, from my paternal grandmother.

6. Wednesday marks a sad day in the history of planet earth-9/11...what's something you do (or can do) to bring peace to your little corner of the world?

I'm having coffee with a friend!

7. Share a favorite quote, scripture, or song containing the word peace.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (Spoken by Jesus in John 14:27)

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Tomorrow I head to Indianapolis for the ACFW conference. I can't wait. Three days talking books and hanging out with author friends is such fun, and I've never been to Indiana before. And I'm doubly excited because I get to spend Monday with a dear blogging friend!


Photobucket

View blog reactions

4 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm with you on chocolate/chocolate! I do love it when a stranger becomes a friend. I posted that same Bible verse. Have a wonderful day.....

Joyce said...

Enjoy your conference and time with a blog friend. I actually have two women coming to spend a weekend with me next month who I met online. We 'met' when i first began blogging four years ago-somehow the three of us connected on the Living Proof Ministry website. One lives in NC and one in OK and they're both coming to NJ for the first time next month, first time we'll meet in person. My husband thinks its only a little crazy : )

bp said...

Have a safe trip! I'll look forward to your posts about your conference.

I'm with you on the chocolate cake!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I wish I was going to Indianapolis with you. Three whole days on book talk??? Count me in!