Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Talking Turkey with the Hodgepodge


1. Describe a typical Sunday from your childhood.

Sunday school and church in the morning. Home for lunch, which was almost always my mom's fried chicken so we usually didn't eat until after 1:30 by the time she got everything fixed. Then I usually had to take a nap or at least lie down and be still & quiet for 30 minutes to an hour, which I H-A-T-E-D. Training Union, as they called it way back then, started at 6:15 and the service started at 7:20. We never missed those either. We usually got home around 8:45 or 9:00 and had a light supper - peanut butter and crackers or cheese and crackers or occasionally hot dogs and then I was sent to bed as quickly as possible.

2. How comfortable are you with uncertainty? Explain.

I certainly prefer certainty. But on some things, uncertainty is fine. It just depends what it is.

3. What have you accomplished recently that might be described as crafty, as in 'arts and crafts' crafty? If crafty doesn't work for you, how about handy? Or both?

Craftiness as it relates to arts and crafts is a foreign concept to me. I can be handy, though. I just can't think of anything I've done recently that fits that definition. Maybe it was troubleshooting an IV machine at the skilled nursing facility where I work.

4. Have you ever worked in a 'food place'? What did you take away from the experience?

Nope. Totally avoided those types of jobs.

5. Cold turkey, talk turkey, what a turkey...in recent days, which turkey phrase or idiom best applies to you and why? Click on the word turkey if you need to read more about the meaning behind each phrase.

Talk turkey. . .I'm pretty straightforward and cut to the chase.

6. If you could have any one guest join your Thanksgiving dinner table, who would it be?

Me. I'm working Thanksgiving Day so I'll be missing out on turkey and dressing, one of my favorite meals of the year!

7. What is one thing you must accomplish today?

Working 12 hours!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

We skipped fall and went straight to winter! We had a freeze warning last night and another one tonight. Brrr!




Photobucket

View blog reactions

2 comments:

Veronica and Daniel said...

We are traveling on Thanksgiving day so there will be no turkey for us this year either :( I'm not sure if I will miss eating turkey as much as I will miss eating all the yummy sides that come with it!

Joyce said...

Aww, sorry you have to work on Thanksgiving, but I'm sure you will be a blessing to your patients. I hope you get your turkey and dressing the day before or after!