Wednesday, April 16, 2014

CHRISTY AWARD FINALISTS!

It is always an exciting day when the Christy Award Finalists are announced! I know I say it every year but this year there is an especially wonderful selection of books nominated. And although I thought that work would preclude my attending this year, it looks like I will get to be at ICRS and the Christy Award banquet in Atlanta in June! I am sooo excited! Here is the list of finalists from the Christy Award website. The hyperlinked titles will lead you to my reviews.

2014 FINALISTS ANNOUNCED

The 15th annual Christy Awards for excellence in Christian fiction will be presented June, 23 2014 in Atlanta.

The Christy Advisory Board is pleased to announce finalists for the 2014 Christy Awards honoring Christian fiction.

CONTEMPORARY/
Every Waking Moment
by Chris Fabry (Tyndale House Publishers)

The Prayer Box
by Lisa Wingate (Tyndale House Publishers)

Stones for Bread
by Christa Parrish (Thomas Nelson, Harper Collins Christian Publishing)

CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE/SUSPENSE
(I don't even know what to do with this category - I loved Every. Single. One. of these books! Apparently, the judges are just as conflicted because the reason there are four nominees is because two of them tied! I wish they could all win!)

Dangerous Passage
by Lisa Harris (Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group)

Once Upon a Prince
by Rachel Hauck (Zondervan, Harper Collins Christian Publishing)

Rosemary Cottage
by Colleen Coble (Thomas Nelson, Harper Collins Christian Publishing)

Vanished
by Irene Hannon (Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group)
*This category includes four nominees due to a tie in scoring.


CONTEMPORARY SERIES
Firefly Island
by Lisa Wingate (Bethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group)

Lock, Stock, and Over a Barrel
by Melody Carlson (B&H Publishing Group)

Take a Chance on Me
by Susan May Warren (Tyndale House Publishers)


FIRST NOVEL
Burning Sky
by Lori Benton (WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group)

A Cast of Stones
by Patrick W. Carr (Bethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group)

Dear Mr. Knightly
by Katherine Reay (Thomas Nelson, Harper Collins Christian Publishing)

HISTORICAL
All for a Story
by Allison Pittman (Tyndale House Publishers)
(I thought I reviewed this book; I remember reading it and loving it and I'm embarrassed that I never published my thoughts. I love Allison's writing!)

Burning Sky
by Lori Benton(WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group)

Sweet Mercy
by Ann Tatlock (Bethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group)

HISTORICAL ROMANCE
Harvest of Gold
by Tessa Afshar (River North, from Moody Publishing)

Stealing the Preacher
by Karen Witemeyer (Bethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group)

Under a Blackberry Moon
by Serena B. Miller (Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group)

SUSPENSE
Dark Justice
by Brandilyn Collins (B&H Publishing Group)
(This is the only category that I am going to tip my hand on. I really hope Brandilyn Collins wins. She is a phenomenal suspense author, and Dark Justice is her most chilling book yet.)

Outlaw
by Ted Dekker (FaithWords, a division of Hachette Book Group)

Singularity
by Steven James (Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group)

VISIONARY
A Cast of Stones
by Patrick W. Carr (Bethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group)

Dragonwitch
by Anne Elisabeth Stengl (Bethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group)

Numb
by John W. Otte (Marcher Lord Press)




Photobucket

View blog reactions

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my that is such a wonderful list! All talented authors!

bp said...

So many good ones! I've only read a few but they were all great.