Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Back to the Hodgepodge


1. Since you weren't Hodgepodging last Wednesday, how did you pass the time?

I forgot it was on break until Tuesday night, so my blog was blank. I worked on Wednesday, the beginning of five straight 12-hour days.

2. What's the first word that comes to mind when I say marriage? Yes, one word.

Love

3. Summer officially arrives in the Northern hemishpere later this week. Does it feel like summer where you live? Describe your idea of the perfect summer day.

Yes, it's summer in Texas! A perfect summer day - sleep in a bit, run some errands, enjoy sweet tea, eat some Texas peaches and watermelon, grill something for dinner, and read a book.

4. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."(Sam Keen) Is laziness ever respectable? Do you have a lazy summer planned, or something semi-ambitious?

I don't know if laziness is good, but rest and relaxation are fine! My summer will alternate between long days at work and days off when I will nap and try to rejuvenate!

5. Past or present, who's your favorite television dad? Why is he a favorite? Is he anything like your own dad?

It's probably a toss-up between John Walton (The Waltons) and Charles Ingalls (Little House on the Prairie). Just like my dad, they both worked hard to provide for their families and were men of integrity and faith.

6. June 18th is International Picnic Day...share a favorite picnic memory.

Fourth of July picnics years ago when our cul-de-sac had neighbors who were friendly and we'd all get together.

7. The travel site Trip Advisor lists the top five islands in the world for 2014 as- Ambergris Caye in Belize Cayes, Providenciales in Turks and Caicos, Bora Bora in French Polynesia, Marco Island Florida, and Lewis and Harris in The Outer Hebrides (Scotland). Have you been to any of these? Of those listed (and if price were not a factor) which would you most like to book for a holiday?

I'll choose Marco Island Florida. I've been to Sanibel Island and would love to go back down there. Minus the sand fleas.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I'm getting so excited about flying to Atlanta on Sunday for ICRS! And the Christy Awards on Monday night!



Photobucket

View blog reactions

4 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Boy, the peaches sure sound good to me. I have some that I froze last fall. Think I'll get them out and enjoy them tonight! I liked both Pa Ingalls and Mr. Walton. They were great TV dads. :-)

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

MMmmmm peaches!

Denise said...

I love peaches.

Michelle said...

I love sweet tea & watermelon.
I had a slice today, yummy!

I would pick the same 2 dads.
My dad was a hard worker, but was not a man of faith.

I think I would like to go to Belize or Scotland.