Thursday, June 26, 2014

ICRS!

Wow. ICRS was amazing, as always! I told someone while I was there that ICRS and the Christy Awards are like crack to a book lover like me! LOL I arrived Sunday afternoon and hardly took a breath until my plane landed back in Texas Tuesday night. I was exhausted when I got home, not only from the busy schedule and the adrenaline, but from the delayed effect of working right before I left with not enough sleep Saturday night compounded by not sleeping well while I was in Atlanta. So yesterday my goal of being productive and transcribing some interviews vanished in a series of naps!

I'll be sharing my interviews in the days and weeks to come. Highlights include:

  • Finally meeting Angela Hunt in person and interviewing her. What a delight she is!
  • Meeting Mark Hall of Casting Crowns at his book signing for Thrive, which enlarges on the group's song by the same name.
  • Meeting Todd Starnes of Fox News and getting a signed copy of his book God Less America
  • Interviews with authors Hannah Alexander, Katherine Reay, Irene Hannon, Lynette Eason, Karen Witemeyer, Cynthia Ruchti, Robin Jones Gunn and more
  • Meeting and interviewing Alan Powell of Anthem Lights about his music and upcoming movie, and getting a videotaped message for my girl and her friend, ensuring my Mom of the Year Status!
  • Books, books, and more books!
  • The Christy Awards, of course!
  • Informal chats with author friends, breakfasts and dinners together
  • Rooming with Jocelyn Green - such fun we had!

Moody's Promo Pillar
of Jocelyn Green's books

Brandilyn Collins at the Christy Awards

Alan Powell of Anthem Lights

Todd Starnes

Angela Hunt

To see more pictures from the week, visit my FB page


Photobucket

View blog reactions

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun experience! I have seen many authors post about ICRS and the Christy Awards. I'm not sure what it's all about. I look forward to read your interviews and hear more about it!

Irene Hannon said...

It was such a treat to meet you, Linda. I enjoyed our chat. Glad you had such a great trip!

Angela said...

So glad we were FINALLY able to meet up! You're a delight, and I really enjoyed our talking together. Now I get to sit back and read about all the fun things you did!

Angie

Michelle said...

How awesome you were able to get these interviews.
I look forward to reading the posts.