Lying in bed and remembering I'd forgotten to do my Hodgepodge post means coming up with answers first thing in the morning. Definitely a challenge as I'm still drinking my coffee!
And Happy Birthday to our Hodgepodge leader, Joyce!
1. I'm celebrating a birthday this week so a question relating to aging feels appropriate. Douglas MacArthur is quoted as saying, 'You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair." Would you agree? If not why not?
I'd probably disagree. For one, I think self-confidence comes with maturity and age.
2. What remarkable feat, interesting piece of trivia, or historical event occurred on your birth day and month? Not necessarily in your birthyear, just the same date/same month.
August 4 was quite an arresting day. Lizzie Borden was arrested for the ax murder of her parents. And Anne Frank was arrested.
3. Describe a time or circumstance where you wanted to 'have your cake and eat it too.'
4. What's something you do that makes you feel young? Something that makes you feel old?
It's not something I do, but my kids ages make me feel young. Marrying and having kids late helps me ignore the fact that I could really easily have a grandchild in upper elementary school.
But then I go to work for a 12-hour shift and feel every single one of my years. That definitely makes me feel old!
5. When did you last do something that was 'a piece of cake'?
Made my son's birthday cake. Both in the literal and figurative sense!
6. Beef, wine, and cheese all improve with age. What's something else you'd add to that list? (not necessarily food or beverage)
7. If I were to have a giveaway when we hit Volume 200, what should I give away? By my calculations we'll hit Volume 200 on November 26th, the day before Thanksgiving, which means whoever wins would have whatever it is in time for Christmas.
Why, a hodgepodge of things, of course! A Starbucks $5 gift card, an ornament, a Christmas coaster, a Christmas book, a bookmark, etc. You could do several things that wouldn't add up to much money.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Saw this yesterday and didn't know whether to laugh or cry. You don't have to read the article. Just click the link to see the picture where the news video froze. (I couldn't find an image to post.) Things like this definitely make me feel old!
View blog reactions