I'm glad to have the opportunity to join in the Hodgepodge today!
1. My hubs spent last weekend pheasant hunting. Are there hunters in your family? If so, what do they hunt? Which of the following have you tasted-pheasant, rabbit, venison, duck, goose? Which of those would you most like to taste, or be most willing to taste?
Vegetarians keep calm and Hodgepodge on.
No hunters in my family, and glad I am of that! Although if I'd grown up with it, I might have a different opinion. (Actually, my brother did hunt for a few years with his in-laws during his first marriage. I was ten when he married and I remembered being completely grossed out about it.) I have tasted venison and hated it. When my girl and I were in Germany I had duck and it was better than I anticipated but way too small to be worth the effort. I'm pretty much a beef and chicken girl. Emphasis on the beef!
2. What high spot have you visited that gave you a wonderful 'bird's eye view' of something below?
The San Jacinto Monument. The University of Texas Tower. The Grand Canyon. Lookout Mountain. And various scenic overlooks in the Rockies and the Smoky Mountaints.
3. Do you have any birds in your home? These could be either real live pets or decorative, as in bird prints, knickknacks, fabric or pottery.
I'm sure there is one somewhere, especially among the mementos my sister brought back from South America, but right now one doesn't come to mind.
4. Tell about a time you 'killed two birds with one stone'?
I'm a wife and mom. That's a regular occurrence!
5. Your favorite song with a bird in it's title?
His Eye is on the Sparrow.
6. What most recently gave you goose bumps?
The way God intertwines our lives. It is uncanny how many times I have met someone and discovered a common friend, a connection from the past, etc. It happened recently with a patient.
7. Halloween is this Friday...any plans? Did you trick or treat as a child? Carve pumpkins? Share your most memorable costume.
I'm working. We trick-or-treated until the guy put cyanide in the pixy sticks. Turned out it was the father but that was the end of safe and innocent Halloween. That was 40 years ago this Halloween.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I hate how much Christmas has intruded into fall. A couple of weeks ago I was in a small store and they had Christmas music playing, loud! Outside on the railing they had both a large pumpkin and a Christmas tree. It made my head hurt.
View blog reactions