It's always fun to join Joyce for the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Come join the fun!
1. It's hard to believe, but next week's Hodgepodge will find us in the month of September. What's one thing you want, need, or hope to do still before summer officially ends?
Well, here in Texas, summer weather certainly doesn't end when September starts! But embarrassingly enough, I still have one more high school graduation gift to pop in the mail this week.
2. When were you last at 'your wit's end'?
Oh, that happens on a regular basis at work! LOL
3. Describe a time you were figuratively thrown into 'the deep end'?
Can I answer every question with "at work"?!
4. Does the end always, ever, or never justify the means? Explain.
In terms of ethics and moral situations, no. Remember the guy in the Old Testament who died because he touched the Ark of the Covenant to keep it from falling off the cart? Some would say it was unfair that he died because keeping the holy Ark from falling justified the sin of touching it. But disobedience is disobedience, and the first sin was the Ark being on the cart in the first place. And how about Saul trying to explain away his disobedience with a sacrifice, when he usurped the role of the priest and violated the tabarnacle? God told him, "To obey is better than sacrifice."
Unfortunately, we have become a society where the immediate overshadows the long-term and the many hues of gray have become the rule.
5. What makes your hair stand on end?
Fingernails on a chalkboard. Noisy chewing/smacking.
6. I read an article on the website Eat This! Health, that listed 11 foods we can eat to help end bad moods. Basically it's a feed your brain so you're less anxious, grouchy and lethargic. The foods are-mussels, swiss chard, blue potatoes, grass fed beef, dark chocolate, greek yogurt, asparagus, honey, cherry tomatoes, eggs, and coconut. Which of those do you think would most help end your own bad mood? Which do you fear, if forced to eat, would put you into a bad mood?
Please pass the dark chocolate. But the mussels, swiss chard, and blue potatoes almost made me stop reading the list. Blech!
7. What project around your home, office, or life in general feels like there is 'no end in sight'?
Organizing of the stuff.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The end of this month is a happy, happy time. Blue Bell will be back in our stores here in Central Texas on Monday! The rest of the region who has been without it will have to wait a little longer. And for those of you who never have Blue Bell--well, maybe this is one time where whatever you have to do to get some is absolutely justified! LOL
View blog reactions