Not sure how we got to September already, but a great way to start is with Joyce and the Wednesday Hodgepodge!
1. What's on your September calendar? Anything fun?
Yes, indeed! My boy's birthday is Friday, I'm going to the ACFW conference in two weeks, and we end the month with my husband's birthday.
2. You might be described as a natural born _____________________?
Nurse/Caregvier. I've been told it's apparently inbedded in my DNA!
3. September is National Courtesy Month...what one act of courtesy would you most like to see more of in your home, town, or the world at large?
I have to pick one?! Courteous language and tones of voice. I am so weary of strident voices and harsh/foul language.
4. Eager beaver, chicken out, clam up, or let the cat out of the bag...of the phrases listed, which one have you related to most recently?
Clam up. I'm fairly quiet, and I'm big on confidentiality, whether it's what's going on with a friend or at work. And I was that way long before HIPAA.
5. What's your movie theatre snack protocol? Do you chow down on snacks during the previews or wait until the movie begins? Do you buy snacks or refuse to pay those kind of prices? What's the last movie you saw in a theatre? How many thumbs up would you give it?
I rarely go to movies at the theater. (And notice I spell it the American way. LOL) I will occasionally buy popcorn as my "lunch". Because if I go, it's usually to a matinee with my girl. And occasionally we will splurge and go to the fancy moviehouse nearby that has the leather recliners and meal service.
6. Henry Ford is quoted as saying, "Nobody can think straight who does not work. Idleness warps the mind." Agree or disagree? Why?
Pretty much agree. People with too much time on their hands generally have an unbalanced perspective of what is going on.
7. What's the last job you completed or task you performed where you had to 'work like a dog' until it was finished?
Sunday, when a nurse called in and I had to cover the day shift, showing up at 6:00 am after getting home at 11:00 pm the night before and getting only 4 hours of sleep.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
A sight for sore eyes. . .and taste buds!
View blog reactions