It's been a few weeks since I've been able to join Joyce for the Hodgepodge. What fun questions--as always!--she has this week!
1. October 21, 2015 is Back to the Future Day. Did you see the movie? The sequels? In the second film, Doc takes Marty into the future to prevent Marty's future son from making a mistake. They leave 1985 and land on a 'skyway' on October 21st, 2015. So tell us, what were you doing in the fall of 1985?
I've seen all the movies, but the first one was my favorite.
In 1985, I was single and transitioning from being the "head nurse" (as they still called it back then!) of a post-surgical unit in the hospital to being a supervisor in Home Health.
2. If time travel were possible, would you want to go to the future? The past?
Well, it's tempting to go back and relive a day when my kids were tiny, but I know it's best just to cherish the sweet memories. And I certainly don't want to peek into the future! I've always loved this old song, written back in 1909:
If we could see beyond today as God can see
If all the clouds should roll away, the shadows flee
O'er present griefs we would not fret
Each sorrow we would soon forget
For many joys are waiting yet
For you and me
If we could know beyond today as God doth know
Why dearest treasures pass away and tears must flow
And why the darkness leads to light
Why dreary days will soon grow bright
Someday life's wrongs will be made right
Faith tells us so
If we could see, if we could know, we often say
But God in love a veil did throw across our way
We cannot see what lies before
And so we cling to Him for more
He leads us 'til this life is o'er
Trust and obey
3. We're not flying cars, but some of the technology imagined in the 80's film has indeed come to pass in real life 2015--flat screen TVs on the wall, tablets, fingerprint recognition, video conferencing, online banking, 3-D movies, motion controlled video games, drone cameras, and smart glasses (Google glass). Do you worry technology is growing at a rate so fast we'll soon be unable to keep up with its demands? Do you think the Internet does more harm than good?
I don't think technology is the problem. It is just another tool that Satan uses to pull the human heart farther away from God.
4. Your favorite dish prepared in a slow-cooker? Your favorite fast food?
Taco soup. And Chick-fil-A.
5. No time like the present, down time, face time, pressed for time, in the nick of time, make time, mark time, or just in time...which timely saying most relates to your life right now?
At this moment, down time. I've had some brutal work days, but right now it's my days off and I am soaking in the reading, resting, and recovering!
6. Tell us about a place you went as a child or younger person that's no longer there or is now something else. How does that make you feel?
It's been ten years and it still makes me sad to know it's gone. Such an integral part of growing up in Houston.
7. Describe your comfort zone.
Home and family.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm happy for those who enjoy it, but I absolutely do not see what is relaxing and stress-reducing about the new fad of adult coloring books. Just looking at them makes my heart rate go up! LOL Color me crazy! What about you? Are you a fan?
View blog reactions