Wednesday, March 6, 2013

March-ing to the Beat of the Hodgepodge


If it's Wednesday, it must be Hodgepodge! Read my answers and then march right over to Joyce's blog to meet some other folks and participate!

1. My real life friends came through with another question this week so thank you real life friends. When you've eaten in a restaurant do you complete their comment card? Do you take online surveys highlighted at the bottom of store receipts?

Rarely for both. I always intend to do the online surveys that will get me a discount or a free meal, like the Chick-fil-A ones, but I never remember to do them.

2. The (US) ban on women in combat was lifted at the end of January. It will probably be next year before specifics are worked out, but its been reported over 200,000 front line positions will eventually open up to women. Your thoughts?

I'm not happy about it. While there are certainly women who have entered the military who would like to be in combat, I don't think a lot of them really do, and those who think they do might change their mind really quickly once the experience a taste of it! And I'm concerned for the potential next step...the requirement for women should the draft be reinstated.

3. In looking back at all the blog posts you've written, what's your favorite post title?

Good grief, I'm nearing 2000 posts and Joyce wants me to look back at all of them? A quick perusal landed me on this from March 2009: All Hail the Power. . .of Texas Weather

4. What's worse-overly permissive parents or overly protective parents? Did your own parents lean more to the permissive or the protective category? If you're a parent where do you fall?

Overly permissive is worse. Kids can get in a lot of trouble with overly permissive parents.

Mine were a bit overly protective. I tend to be a bit protective, but not as extreme as my man. He is the proverbial "mother hen." LOL

5. Candlelight-moonlight-firelight-bright lights in the big city...which one's your favorite?

It depends on what I'm doing. Dinner by candlelight is wonderful. but if I'm going to read, I want bright lights! I

6. Dr. Seuss's birthday was celebrated on Saturday. What's a favorite book you remember (Seuss or otherwise) from your own childhood? Did books play an important role in your growing up years? Explain.

Oh, I could go on forever about books from my childhood! Yes, they played an important role in my life as I was growing up! I was such an avid bookworm, as I'm sure those of you who read my blog regularly know. Probably my favorites were the Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I read those books over and over until I practically had them memorized.

As for the rest of my bookish memories, I talked about them back when I was hosting my weekly Flashback Friday series.

7. To quote Dr. Seuss...

"From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere."
from One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Share something funny you've recently read, seen or heard.


PMS jokes are not funny. Period.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I guess this could have gone under #7, as well. Monday was National Grammar Day. I missed it but enjoyed catching up on some of the fun yesterday. Here are some funny photos of things that needed to be proofed before going public! Embarrassing Grammar Mistakes Sscroll down just a tad to the pictures).



Photobucket

View blog reactions

7 comments:

Mary said...

#7: hilarious! :)

April said...

Ok...your funny for #7 is a hoot and a half! Love it! Yes, I enjoyed reading Laura Ingalls Wilder books, too.

Skoots1moM said...

on our 2oth anniversary, i was newly in the throws of surgically-induced menopause...my hubs surprised me with an overnight @ a local hotel and tickets to see Menopause/The Musical (it was one of our worst anniversaries...even though some of the music was great, at that moment in my life the jokes made me angry. it took quite a long time to get any of my humor back about the big M...i'm in my 5th year and it is still a huge roller coaster.

bp said...

I try to remember to do the Chick fil a ones because Caleb likes the "chicken burger" as he calls it. We let him get that when we eat Mexican food which he doesn't like!

Joyce said...

I was going to comment on which entry was the worst, but it was too tough : ) I'm thinking that math paper, because either a teacher wrote it or it came from a text and either way-yowza!

Linda H. said...

Oh, darn! I had no idea it was National Grammar Day. So much for that. But I did enjoy the photo link.
Thanks for sharing.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

It's so familiar and yet so strange to be reading blog posts again. Loved these questions and answers.