Saturday, January 26, 2008

So Nice To Be Liked

Wow. I am overwhelmed.

I'm sure most of you have had the feeling of being the "new kid on the block," going into a situation where folks know the ropes and have established relationships with each other and you try to find where you fit in and you really like the people you meet but they all are busy with each other and they know how to do everything and their stuff is so cute and you feel like an outsider and a Plain Jane and you SO want to belong but nobody has time for you and you feel like you're back in junior high and. . . . . .

And yeah, you know it happens at church too. Women can have clique issues wherever they are. Years ago I knew a young wife at my former church who commented in response to the need for inreach/outreach: "I don't have time for the friends I have; I don't need new ones." (Renee Swope of Proverbs 31 Ministries has been moderating some great discussion on friendship this week.)

Well, let me just go on record as saying: you blogging gals have totally blown that issue right out of the water (or I could say, out the Microsoft WINDOW! LOL) Here I am, one more blog in this crowded blog world full of incredible Godly women who are full of fun and faith. I wasn't sure I'd even get any comments. Much less have people put me on their sidebar in their favorites!

And now Kelli has given me this awesome award and said such nice things that I wanted to cry! And she was even sick that day and didn't feel much like blogging. Wow--thanks, Kelli.




And earlier this week, Xandra passed along this one to me with her compliments. Thanks!


I love what this award says: "I wanted to let you know another has felt your touch. Do you realize how many people you have touched . . . bouncing about the internet ... traveling out in cyberspace ... landing blog to blog ... uniting new people, creating new friendships and strengthening the bonds of friendships . . . ."

And thanks to all of you for the encouraging comments and visits you bring to my blog and for the laughter, tears, and challenges I receive when I visit yours.

As hard as it is to choose, I do want to pass these awards on to a few folks who are making a difference with their blogs:

E FOR EXCELLENCE:
Kelly - this woman is encouraging many women to come Out of Egypt and is leading them to a healthier lifestyle. She's sharing her tips on how she lost over 50 pounds and yet ensures the focus is on the relationship with Christ rather than the relationship with the scale.

Chris - this woman has such a heart for God and so many great things to share. She's also one of the writers at the Cafe. She's been out of pocket this week, and I've missed her.

BLOG LIGHT:

Renee Swope and Lysa TerKeurst - these P31 ministry gals are great inspirations to all of us. But the really incredible thing is their authenticity and their approachability. I can't believe they take the time to visit other blogs with all the things they have on their plates. What fun it would be to go to lunch with them! (And Renee & Lysa, if you read this, don't feel pressured to pass this on; I just wanted you to know you are a light to many of us!)

The Preacher's Wife - we all trip over ourselves to give her awards and read her posts. She was the one who encouraged me to blog and mentioned my little blog in hers to help me get started and introduce me to you. She's a mentor to so many and a sweet, sweet friend.

Lisa Writes - since she's responsible for my turning on my light way too early in the morning, of course this is an appropriate award for her! God's love shines through this gal's blog. And she's a woman who loves many of the same books I do and dark chocolate M&Ms to boot!

Well, I sat down to write a really short one for a Saturday, but alas, to paraphrase Luke 6:45, out of the overflow of the heart, the fingers type!

View blog reactions

9 comments:

Renee Swope said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renee Swope said...

Oh girl, if you only knew how much Lysa and I don't really know what we're doing. You have probably been doing this bloggy thing longer then we have. We just happened to have friends who show us what to do and make us look smart. I just love all your fun and cute blog "bling" in your sidebar. Now I need to do that so I can be fun and cute like you!

Thanks so much for the Bright Light award and for inviting your friends to my blog to join our chat about friendships. It sure has been fun for me to talk a little and listen a lot!!!

I am going to post tonight or tomorrow about how Lysa and I met YEARS ago simply because I picked up the phone and called her - from VA because I needed a friend when we go to Charlotte and there was an article in the paper about P31. But that was back before she was famous and all. :-)

Today I am hiding in my bonus room working on messages for retreats I have in Feb and Mar so I can't treat myself to bloggy writing until I get my work done.

Have a great weekend!
Renee

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Linda,

You have NO idea how refreshing and real your blog is. I am so thankful that you started to blog and that you have grabbed a hold of it with BOTH hands.

You are a super sweet/cool chick and I am thankful for the opportunity to get to know you through this awesome thing called the Blogsphere!

You totally and completely deserve those awards!

Take Care,
Melissa

Amy L Brooke said...

I like your site! It is quite cute. I'm glad you are part of the blogging world. I clicked on you from Renee's site.

Anyway, have a nice Sunday!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Look at you Miss Award Winning Blogger and barely a month old. LOL YOu TOTALLY deserve every acclamation.

And I have to say that I am the one blessed by you my friend. I can always count on an encouraging note from you just when i need it most...

Thank you so much for passing on the Light award to me. I appreciate it so very much.

MUCH LOVE! :)

Lisa

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Thank you Linda, you have blessed my weepy heart. I am humbled by your kind words.

Bless you my sweet friend. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers over the past week.

Anonymous said...

Linda, you so totally deserve these awards and more. You bring a smile to my face on a daily basis! You are a light to me.

Love,
Kelli

Kelly said...

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words. Any "excellence" in me is because of the grace God has shown me. Thank you for how you have reached out and blessed me since my return to blogging. I look forward to passing this along!

marine's words said...

Hi, I just found your blog and Love it! I know what you mean about everyone estabished relationship with each other's blog and its hard being a new blogger on the block b/c you do feel on the out side looking in.I started my blog a while back and left just like you did.ButI have made some friends along the way and have been bless here in blog Land,Blessing marina