Thursday, January 10, 2008

Passing It On. . . .


Well, how fun is this!! Denise from Tucked Inside My Heart has honored me with this cool award that Xandra started! I love the description of the award:

So here's to all the blogs that you've discovered that you can't possibly live without. They make you laugh, cry, think and feel connected every time you read a post. They give you a thrill as you see them loading into your browser and you get an equally satisfying thrill when you see that they have commented on your blog.

What an exciting surprise and honor! Thanks, Denise!


Now to pass it on. I'm still pretty new in the blog business, so I haven't gotten much of a chance to explore a whole lot. And I know some of these have already gotten this award. But that just reinforces the fact that they are awesome gals, and I love to go hang out at their blog!


1. The Preacher's Wife - This is a given, and I know everyone on the planet has given her this award. But she absolutely sets the bar for blogging. She has a heart for God that shines through all she writes. And a "funner" blog you'll never read. She will make you laugh and then zero in on the spiritual application without missing a beat. And besides, she's the one who encouraged me to start blogging! Thanks, Lisa!


2. Xandra at Heart of Service - She's the one who started this award business, and she ranks right up there with the best. Plus she lives in this great state of Texas. And she. too, is an insatiable reader. And she likes to cook. I do believe we must be twins. The only hesitation I had about giving her this award is because SHE won the Virtue Alert Drawing for voting on the book cover of Vicki's new book. Hmmpff.


3. Kelli at Ponderings of a Pastor's Wife - She's another one who's authentic, has a heart for God, loves to read, etc. etc. etc. I love to bump into her out in blog-space and read her comments on everyone else's blogs as well. And her blog just got a beautiful makeover. Sigh. But coveting is a sin, so I'm going to act my mature age (as I've been told!) and give her this award with my blessing.


4. Mel's World with Melissa Mashburn - Melissa appears to have more energy in her little finger than I do in my entire being. Her blog is as effective as a double-shot of espresso. I knew I would connect with her when I saw that she, too, put Mary Poppins as one of her favorite movies. She's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!


5. Lisa at Lisa Writes - I know she's gotten this award already because I "met" her through the Preacher's Wife. She's got lots of wisdom and she's lots of fun. I especially like the description on her profile that she's "an ordinary woman living an ordinary life desiring to make much of an extraordinary God."


6. Kelli at Love Well - Actually, I'm not sure that anyone who can look this good immediately after having a baby, and fit her entire labor and delivery between breakfast and dinner even deserves an award! I mean, what more could she want? And take her laptop to the wireless hospital and surf the blog world in the process?! But since she lives in the cold, cold, cold, northern part of the USA (a place where I would absolutely freeeeeeze to death) and her kids even eat snow for breakfast, I will take pity on her and give her this much-deserved award (even though it's her second go-round as well).


7. CWO Internet Cafe - These devotions are great. I look forward to reading them each morning, and I loving visiting each of the team members' individual blogs after I read their contribution. They have great hearts and a wonderful way of communicating God's truths.

8. Vicki Courtney's Virtue Alert - Lastly but absolutely not least, Vicki and her ministry have had an impact on me and my daughter that I cannot even begin to describe. My girl adored the events they sponsored, and as a large result of their influence, she is completely disinterested in the sleaze the world offers. She's only 12, so I'm not naive enough to think the battle is permanently won, and Vicki's blog keeps me updated and aware of what's out there. My tendency would be to bury my head in the sand without it. Vicki is a wonderful blessing.


So there you have it. I know it's more than 5, but I'll just consider it my Daily 8 for '08. As a nurse, I know how important it is to get that daily dose in, so I sure don't miss it!


Thanks to all you girls for blessing my heart, challenging my walk, and giving me a smile each day!

View blog reactions

12 comments:

Lisa Spence said...

Thanks, Linda! I'm honored that there are two bloggers out there who like what I write! :-)

Glad we've "met" and I look forward to more (blog) conversation!

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

I think "dopplegangers" might be a more appropriate word to describe us! LOL!

Thank you so much for sending this award right back to me...that was so sweet.

Xandra

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Linda,

You have blessed my socks off with the kind and amazing words you have said about me! Thank you for your grace!

xoxo,
Melissa

Aunt Angie said...

Linda---thanks for blessing me with your comment on the CWO Cafe page! I have such a problem with allowing Him to work w/o my interfering!
I always want to be a blessing to someone else...even if it means baring my soul---about my craziness at home!

Kelly said...

I enjoyed discovering your blog!

Crystal said...

Congrats on this award! I just jumped over from The Preacher's Wife to check out your new blog! I will definately be back! :)

Cindy Swanson said...

Linda, thanks so much for commenting on my post on the Internet Cafe! It was my first post there,and it was great to get your encouragement. YOur blog looks terrific!

Praise and Coffee said...

Congrats! You are so deserving of this.
I love your input on my blog!
Sue

Momala said...

Linda,

I found your blog through Lisa writes (I love her blog too!)

I am also a 40 something mom who will be celebrating my 20th anniversary this summer. I look forward to reading more of your blog.

Vicki Courtney said...

Thanks Linda, for including my blog! I'll bring you the $20 I promised for mentioning it to church this Sunday!

Your family is precious and I can't thank you enough for the support you have provided to the ministry in the past. Just don't tell your hubby that I finally backed up my entire hard drive (for the first time ever--shame on me!) just a couple weeks ago!

Looking forward to visiting your blog and some of these others in the future...when I'm not held hostage to a book deadline!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

awwww..thanks, linda! i have to tell you that your enthusiasm is contagious.. it has been a great joy getting to know you my friend! :)

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Linda. This is my first award! I am so honored.

Kelli