Sunday, February 1, 2009

Send My Chick-fil-A Cow Home


Dear Chick-fil-A,

Although the sun was shining brightly at 4:00 p.m. yesterday, I felt a cloud descend over our little corner of the city when "my" Chick-fil-A closed for a remodel.

You know, I'm thinking you really should have provided a 12-step support group during this transition. With snacks, of course! Those cinnamon clusters would be just the thing.

Please understand: I am thrilled about the renovation. Mr. & Mrs. Operator are wonderful folks, and I know they desperately need the increased kitchen space. The updating of the restaurant area and the increased seating will be wonderful and welcome on a busy lunch hour. And although I am long past the days of toddlers and playscapes, I look forward to seeing what is new at that end of the building.

But.

A whole month? Without your wonderful sweet tea? I am a Southern gal, you know! Sweet tea is the nectar of. . .well, it's just downright delicious! And those wonderful yeasty breakfast Chick-n-Minis? Not to mention the sandwiches, fruit, best waffle fries on the planet, and ice dream cones! And if the groundhog sees his shadow tomorrow and we actually have some wintry days still to endure here in Texas where the temperature dips down into the 40's or (gasp!) even lower, how will I endure it without your chicken noodle soup?

Since my girl was sick and home from school on Friday, I ran and got her favorite for lunch: a #5 8-pack nuggets with fruit and lemonade. But alas, she bemoaned that her sinus issues rendered her taste buds such that she couldn't even enjoy that final meal.

Please hurry. . .February may have the least number of days, but it will be a loooong month until the cows come home!

Sincerely,
A Chick-fil-A Addict Aficionado



Photobucket

View blog reactions

10 comments:

Kelly said...

LOL!! I love Chick-fil-A!

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Wow! Now I know what to get you for Christmas!!

We should have gone there for lunch when you came down!

Xandra

bp said...

Great letter! We love Chick Fil A too!

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

Oh my, I could not deal with the world without my sweet tea in hand!!!

Have a beautiful week-
Lindsey

Pat said...

Hi Linda!
As a fellow southern girl, I understand your trauma. What is a day without some SWEET TEA!!
I would love to have you visit my blog home while your local ChicFilA is in remodel!! It may not be EXACTLY the same but hopefully you will find a tiny bit of refreshment there and it is completely free!!
Blessings to you!

sara said...

I so heart Chick-fil-a, but ours is clear across town by the mall. so ridiculous seeing as there is one IN the mall and then they put this was directly across the street.....seems like they could have come to the other side of town a bit!!!!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Boy you made me want to head south and find a Chick-fil-a! I have never experienced one! Maybe if we head to Mississippi this summer we will be able to indulge!

Mel said...

Ok Chik-fil-a has the best lemonade ever!!! love it!! Sorry you are down for a month.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

We don't have that restaurant around here, and when I first saw one years ago, I called it, "Chick Filla."

Terri said...

At first, I thought you might be talking about *our* Chik-fil-a which also closed for a month. I came over from Lysa's blog!! But I am in Charlotte. Ours opened last week... and we had a coupon for a free sandwich... so we stopped by after Awana for cones for the kids and sandwiches for hubby & I. It was beautiful! Very classy, in fact. NOT what I expected. Blessings!