Sunday, February 1, 2009

Mmm! Musical Mom Meme

I've seen several people post the mp3 meme with the song titles from their shuffled playlist inserted as the answers to the various questions. Usually several of song answers are quite apropos, some in an ironic sense and some spot-on.

Because I mostly use my iPod as a relaxation tool when I can't sleep or don't feel well, not to mention my love for hymns, I was a little hesitant to try this, thinking it would surely be a dud. But when Julie tagged me for the mom version of this game, I decided to give it a try. True to form, several answers made me smile!

1. HOW DID YOU BECOME A MOM?
Amazing Grace

2. WHAT DID YOU THINK THE FIRST TIME YOU SAW YOUR BABY?
O Perfect Love

3. WHAT DID YOU DO THE FIRST MORNING AFTER A SLEEPLESS NIGHT?
Home will Find You (Sandi Patty duet with John Elefante)

4. WHAT DO YOU SAY WHEN SOMEONE COLORS ON THE WALL?
Phantom of the Opera Medley

5. HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH A TODDLER’S BODILY FLUID ISSUES?
Come Thou Almighty King/Immortal Invisible/How Great Thou Art (Medley)

6. IF SOMEONE SAYS “Can I have a snack?” YOU SAY?
Great is Thy Faithfulness

7. IF SOMEONE LEAVES THEIR STUFF ON THE FLOOR, YOU SAY?
He Hideth My Soul

8. IF SOMEONE ISN’T SICK TODAY, YOU SAY?
Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee

9. HOW DO YOUR KIDS ENJOY YOUR COOKING?
People Need the Lord

10. HOW DID YOUR KIDS DO IN SCHOOL TODAY?
How to Say Goodbye (Michael W. Smith)

11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF WHILE SITTING IN CARPOOL LINE?
God Bless America

12. HOMESCHOOLERS, WHAT IS THE FIRST SUBJECT TAUGHT OF THE DAY?
“I Want to Know What Love Is” (David Phelps)

13. WHAT DO YOUR KIDS WANT TO BE WHEN THEY GROW UP?
There is a Fountain

14. WHAT DO YOU WANT YOUR KIDS TO BE WHEN THEY GROW UP?
For Good (From Wicked)

15. WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY AS A MOM?
Another Time, Another Place (Sandi Patty & Wayne Watson)

16. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE AS A MOM?
Find Your Wings (Mark Harris)

17. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO AS A MOM?
Room at the Cross/Draw Me Nearer/I Need Thee Every Hour

18. HOW DID YOU KNOW YOU WERE REALLY A MOM?
Bring Back the Springtime (George Beverly Shea)

19. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT MOST OFTEN AS A MOM?
What A Day That Will Be (Bart Millard)

20. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY AS A MOM?
Grace Tells Another Story

21. WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU REGRET AS A MOM?
All the Way My Savior Leads Me

22. WHAT IS THE BEST THING YOU’VE EVER DONE AS A MOM?
Let It Snow

23. WHAT DO YOUR KIDS DO THAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
My Jesus I Love Thee

24. WHAT DO YOUR KIDS DO THAT MAKES YOU CRY?
All of Me (Selah)

25. WHAT DO YOUR KIDS DO THAT SCARES YOU THE MOST?
“Hold On” (Selah)

26. HOW DO YOUR KIDS DESCRIBE YOU AS THEIR MOM?
What Child is This?

27. IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?
My Faith Looks Up to Thee

28. WHAT WILL YOUR MOM OF THE YEAR CERTIFICATE SAY?
Count Your Blessings

Of course, #1, 2, & 28 couldn't have been more perfect! Some of the songs within the medleys (like #5 & 17) absolutely cracked me up. And some looked like there was a whole 'nother story that wasn't being shared! (#17, 24, 26)

If you haven't done this, give it a try! Here are the instructions:
1. Put your iPod (or MP3 player) on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS!
4. Tag some Moms you admire who could use a laugh and a song.

And let me know so I can come peek at the way your music writes your story as a mom!


Photobucket

View blog reactions

9 comments:

Mel said...

very awesome Linda, you know i don't have an IPOD...

Lisa Hellier said...

Thanks for playing! I get such a giggle out of these. Your #4 and #5 were particularly funny to me. #16 and #20 were precious.

Kelly said...

Laughing as I don't have an ipod. I'm so old school.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Wow how do you do that!! I'm still stuggling with my "H" you gave me!!!

bp said...

I'm looking forward to doing this. I have seen one like it but didn't have a player. Now with my IPOD i got for Christmas I can participate!

Anonymous said...

I might have to play along with this one - I'll bookmark the post.

Tami said...

Very fun! I did this tag too, only mine had different questions. Crazy how some of the answers come out.

Missy said...

Ok, that's too funny. Might have to try that with WALKER'S ipod, whihc would get real interesting!

Anonymous said...

I finally played along - it was fun! :)

http://scrappingservant.blogspot.com/2010/03/mmm-musical-mom-meme.html