Friday, April 17, 2009

I Feel a Song Coming On!

Those of you who went to a prom in 1979 like I did (warning: you might be described as a grandmother!) probably remember slow dancing to Peaches & Herb singing

Reunited and it feels so good. . . .

I'm singing that song today as I sit here in my comfy chair with my LAPTOP! It is a beautiful thing to behold, indeed.

It still needs some things reloaded, including most of my files. But it's here and it's working, and if it could, I'm sure it would join me in singing

We both are so excited 'cause we're reunited.


(I once had friends ask me if I could come up with a song for any situation. Pretty much. Sorry, 2nd Cup Lidna - life is just a musical!!)

Photobucket

View blog reactions

9 comments:

sara said...

I always admire that ability in people! I can never remember the name of the song!

so glad you have it back, I KNOW you are happy!

larkswing said...

So happy for you! But I think that song is going to be stuck in my head now!

Smiles!

Debbie Petras said...

I'm sitting here reading your blog on my laptop. And yes, I know that song well. Now I've got it in my head. How did they come up with that grandmother title for you? We are much too young, right? I actually went to my prom in 1971!!! Just don't tell anyone, OK? LOL

A Stone Gatherer said...

Oh to have a lap top with wireless, so I can sit in my lounge chair and type!!!!!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

So, it's kinda like you're Peaches and the laptop is Herb. New nickname for laptop. It's a keeper.

Anonymous said...

Herb. It IS a good nickname for a laptop. Our "old" laptop is named "Bob" and MY laptop is named "my precious"

Lisa Spence said...

I did not go to prom in '79 (ahem) but I do know that Peaches and Herb song--thanks for the blast from the past! And I'm so glad you've been reunited with your laptop!

Beverlydru said...

Oh Happy Day... (now there's THAT song in my head). I'm with you.. .life is a musical.

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

LOL! So glad you have been reunited, but so sad that I now have that song stuck in my head.

Xandra