Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mars & Venus

Actual Conversations I Had Today Regarding These Shoes I Was Wearing:


Walking into church:

Friend: Cute shoes, Linda!
Me: Thanks, but they sure aren't very comfortable.
Friend: Oh well, the cuteness makes up for that!


Walking out of church:

My Girl: Mom, my sandal straps are rubbing my feet.
Me: Sometimes that happens; my shoes are bothering me, too.
My Boy: (with a completely dumbfounded look on his face) Why would you wear shoes that hurt your feet?! No one cares what your shoes look like!



Photobucket

View blog reactions

12 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

He's hit the nail on the foot!!

1 Timothy 6:6 A devout life does bring wealth, but it's the rich simplicity of being yourself before God. Since we entered the world penniless, and will leave it penniless, if we have bread on the table and shoes on our feet, that's enough.

sara said...

those boys...they have no clue! ha!

Patrice and Higgins said...

SOOOO FUNNY!! Just what my boys would of said! BTW, very cute shoes!

My ADHD Me said...

Exactly what my boys would have said too.

Same rule applies to comfort of clothing. If it is uncomfortable but flattering...it gets worn.

Michele Williams said...

LOL.. typical boy and girl things! They are cute though!

Kelly said...

Boys are stupid. LOL! Okay, I am so joking, since you have a son, but I have 2 daughters and that is what we always say. LOL! Actually if you think about it, they go for comfort and don't judge on appearance... hmmmmm.... girls are stupid.

Kim said...

At our house, the men/boys call those "unfortunate" shoes.

unfortunate shoes=any shoe, cute enough to overshadow absolutely every bit of discomfort. ;)

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

LOL! I have to agree with your boy...there is never a good reason to wear shoes that are uncomfortable!

Xandra

Kelly @ Love Well said...

That's classic.

But darn, those are some cute shoes. Worth it.

bp said...

This post made me laugh!! They are cute shoes.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, that naive young man.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Men! They just don't get it do they?!