Saturday, July 3, 2010

TSMSS - Free Indeed!


Happy Independence Day weekend! I tried to find this song last year but couldn't, but fortunately someone posted it last fall. I remember this from my high school and college days, and I've always loved it.



In New York Harbor stands a lady
With a torch raised to the sky
And all who see her knows she stand for
Liberty for you and me

I’m so glad to be called an American
To be named with the brave and the free
I will honor our flag and our trust in God
And the Statue of Liberty

On lonely Golgotha stood a cross
With my Lord raised to the sky
And all who kneel there live forever
As all the saints can testify

I’m so glad to be called a Christian
To be named with the ransomed and whole
As the Statue liberates the citizen
So the cross liberates the soul

Oh the cross is my Statue of Liberty
It was there that my soul was set free
Unashamed I’ll proclaim that a rugged cross
Is my Statue of Liberty

Unashamed I’ll proclaim that a rugged cross
Is my Statue of Liberty

So if the Son sets you free,
you will be free indeed.

John 8:36



Head on over to Amy's for more songs!


Photobucket

View blog reactions

7 comments:

Amy Wyatt said...

I love Ivan Parker. This one was great. Have a great weekend!

Debbie Petras said...

What a beautiful song and voice. I enjoyed listening to it. Have a great 4th of July Linda.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Jocelyn said...

Awesome song - I haven't heard this one before... I love the parallels in the song! =)

Michelle said...

I don't remember hearing this song.
I really like it.
I'm glad you found it.
Thanks for posting it.

Cindy said...

Being the patriot that I am, 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. I enjoyed your post.

Unknown said...

great song..nationalistic it is..=)happy independence day..=) *smooches*

Cathy said...

That was beautiful, Linda. Thanks for sharing it. Happy July 4th.