Thursday, April 21, 2011

Flashback Good Friday Prompt

Thanks for your encouragement and prayers on Monday. I have started a blog post several times this week and just haven't been able to get one written. I am really ready for life to settle down, especially as it relates to my health. My tests at the cardiologist's office revealed that the wreck did not cause any issues with my heart, for which I am very thankful, but this shortness of breath is getting very old and I know it's impacting my energy level, both physically and emotionally. Next on the list is a referral to a pulmonologist, so the fun will continue.

For those of you who have been doing Flashback Friday with me since the beginning, you may remember that last year we reflected on the Easter traditions of our childhood years. For those of you who are newer to this weekly meme, you are welcome to use that prompt and post about Easter memories, if you choose. For the rest of us (or all of us!), I had a different sort of Easter flashback in mind.




Were you there when they crucified my Lord?
Were you there when they crucified my Lord?
Oh, sometimes it causes me to tremble,
Were you there when they crucified my Lord?


What comes to mind when you "flashback" to that Friday almost 2000 years ago? Have you spent much time reflecting on the events of Good Friday or is it generally a regular day and Resurrection Sunday is the focus? Thinking through the events of that long night and day--the trials, the scourging, the frenzy of the crowd, the walk to Golgotha, the raising of the cross with Jesus Christ suspended from its beams, the vigil as they watched and waited for Him to die, His agony, His tender words to His mother, her grief, the darkness, the soldiers gambling for his clothes, the mocking of one thief and the repentance of the other, the finality as He said "It is finished," the grief as his disciples lowered his body and prepared it for burial--what stands out as vivid and touching to you? Where does your mind usually "park" when you reflect on the crucifixion?

Post your "flashback" tomorrow on your blog and come back here to link up!


Photobucket

View blog reactions

No comments: