Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Ho-Ho-Holiday Hodgepodge



1. Are you doing anything special to mark this season of Advent? If so please share.

Not this year. The empty nest and working has changed many things for us this year.

2. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen...and of course you recall, the most famous reindeer of all...so, which reindeer name best describes you this week?

I would suppose Dasher - lots of errands on the days I'm not working.

3. What's worse-too quiet or too loud? Which have you had more of lately?

Too loud is definitely worse. Gives me a headache. I've had more of the "too quiet" lately. Can't wait to have my kiddos home from college for the holidays starting Friday night!

4. This question comes to you from Zoanna over at A Penchant for Pens-thanks Zo!

When you are administratively gifted, how often do you find yourself not trusting less gifted people to do what they've committed to do? If you are not so gifted that way, but are reliable, how do you feel when the stronger person (in that area) goes ahead and covers it before giving you a chance to come through?


I try not to do that but it depends on the task and the person to whom I'm delegating it.

5. What is your most dreaded task relating to the holidays? Your most looked-forward-to holiday task?

I hate taking everything down and putting it all away. I love making peanut brittle and other treats and sharing them with friends.

6. Facebook has released its list of the 'most talked about' topics of 2013. Pope Francis took the number one spot. Does that surprise you? He was followed by election, royal baby, typhoon, and Harlem Shake. Your thoughts? What was your most talked about topic in 2013? (Facebook, around the kitchen table, or wherever it is you talk)

Yes, it somewhat surprises me. I didn't post about any of them with one exception: I did mention the royal baby because one of the pics/videos of Prince Charles and a quote from him was so adorable.

7. What's something you consider a necessity that others might view as a luxury?

My cell phone.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

It's our annual church staff dart tournament this week! Although I made it all the way to the finals last year, I was eliminated in Round 2 yesterday after a close game with a nail-biting finish against our missions pastor. Such a fun tradition we have!


Photobucket

View blog reactions

3 comments:

Joyce said...

That does sound like a fun, and somewhat unusual, tradition. I'm looking forward to a crowd for Christmas. My oldest won't be home until Christmas Eve as her office is open that day, but my teacher daughter will be home a week from Friday. Can't wait!

Lisa Laree said...

Fun! I have to know...do you practice much for the tournament? :-)

Cathy said...

Cell phone...that's a good answer. I can't wait to get a smart phone in February. I do love my gadgets.