Happy Wednesday! I'm happy once again to be joining Joyce at From This Side of the Pond for her Wednesday Hodgepodge. Join the fun!
1. The expression 'mad as a March hare' originated with a fictional character who is distracted and frantic. When were you last 'mad as a March hare' and what was it that made you that way?
So we're considering mad in this context to mean distracted and frantic? Hmm. I generally stay pretty focused, but I do get a little hyper when things get super busy at work and I'm being pulled too many directions.
2. Mardi Gras this year falls on Tuesday, March 4th. Have you ever been to Mardi Gras, and if so what did you think? If not, do you have any interest in going? Purple, green, and gold are the colors of Mardi Gras. Which one is most prevalent in your wardrobe? How about in your home?
Mardi Gras holds no allure for me at all, primarily because the worldly concept of partying hard because you know you are going to "repent" the next day and give up something for Lent is repulsive and nothing more than cheap grace. (Not that I have a strong opinion or anything, LOL!)
As for the colors, I wear a lot of purple. And I guess gold is the most prevalent in my home, not because it is that prevalent but because the other two are not colors used by me in decorating and we have plenty of lamps and doorknobs, etc. that are gold-colored.
3. Are you old-fashioned?
Definitely. Although I prefer to think of it as appreciative of "classic" things and values.
4. Do you carefully plan your vacations, or do you prefer the days to be more spontaneous?
We do a mixture. We plan a lot of stuff, but we always leave some days empty just to do what we feel like or to just hang out in the hotel or condo and rest or read.
5. March is National Sauce Month...what's your favorite sauce, and what do you most often top with this sauce?
Well, since I live in Texas, that would be picante sauce! Put it on my fajitas and chips. I also love barbecue sauce. Oh, and chocolate sauce on vanilla ice cream.
6. What's something that easily brings a tear to your eye?
Love. Especially those videos of the military guys coming home and surprising their loved ones.
7. If you could own any sports team, which one would it be and why?
I'd want to own the one that I could sell the quickest for the most amount of money and retire!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Yesterday was National Grammar Day! Did you leave any participles hanging or misplace any modifiers?!
View blog reactions