Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wearing o' the Green Hodgepodge


1. Do you have an interest in learning about your family's heritage? Why or why not? If you know a little bit about your roots, share an interesting piece of trivia or a fun fact about someone who goes way back on your family tree.

I'm not big on geneaology. I do know that I am distantly related to Mrs. Baird of Mrs. Baird's Bread, which you probably haven't heard of if you don't live in Texas! LOL I also found out fom a cousin a couple of weeks ago that I qualify to be a member of the Daughters of the Republic of Texas; My ancestors can be traced back to the days when Texas was an independent nation before it became a state in 1845.

2. Branch Rickey, the baseball exec credited with signing Jackie Robinson, is quoted as saying-

"Luck is the residue of design."

Agree or disagree? Why?


I'm not a big proponent of luck. I'd much rather trust Christ to guide my way!

3. In the town where you currently reside, what's your favorite green space?

I don't really have one. I'm not an outdoorsy type. It gives me a migraine.

4. Who is your favorite comedian?

Mark Lowry.

5. March is National Nutrition Month, and almost everyone needs to improve their diet in some way. What about you? How can you improve your nutrition on a daily basis? Will you try?

I have been trying. I need to eat more salads and other green leafy vegetables.

6. Which of these green expressions have you 'experienced' in recent weeks -green with envy, green thumb, green around the gills, or give the green light? Explain.

Well, I NEVER have a green thumb, I've (fortunately) not been green around the gills, and I try really hard not to be green with envy. So that leaves give the green light. Not sure how that applies but I haven't hit any major stumbling blocks.

7. Where is one place you don't mind waiting?

Anywhere I have a book with me!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

It's Spring Break in Texas! I'm loving having my boy home from college this week. Unfortunately, my girl's break isn't for a couple of weeks. This is the first time they've had different breaks, and it's just a bit strange for this mom!



Photobucket

View blog reactions

6 comments:

Marla said...

As you do, I try to take a book everywhere I go - and I have my iPhone with "Words with Friends". Both keep me busy and patient.

Cathy said...

I agree with you on #2 and Mark Lowry was one I picked along with 3 more. haha

Yep, give me my Kindle and I don't mind waiting either.

Joyce said...

I eat at least one salad almost every day. I love salad of any kind. My girls went to the same university and having the same break was definitely a perk! Now that they're both out of college and working, trying to coordinate everyone home at the same time is complicated. Enjoy time with your son!

bp said...

Very interesting family heritage. Enjoy the rest of spring break!

Cranberry Morning said...

Sounds inconvenient that they have different spring breaks. How fun to have that interesting Texas history connection!

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

I forgot about Mark Lowery! He is hilarious!