I'm springing over to Joyce's website to play with the Hodgepodge today!
1. Share a favorite song, book, or movie title containing the word green?
I can think of one in each category: the song "Green Green Grass of Home" from way back (a bit morbid!), the book Green Eggs and Ham, and the movie Fried Green Tomatoes.
I don't consider any of them favorites. In fact, I have hardly anything green in my wardrobe or my home. It's just not a color I'm drawn to!
2. Ralph Waldo Emerson is quoted as saying, 'Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.' Would you agree? Are you a believer in luck?
No. I think strong men believe in God.
3. Spring water, Hot Springs, handspring, spring fling, spring break, spring fever, offspring...which 'spring' word best applies to something in your day, week, or life right now?
Oh, I've definitely got spring fever and my offspring are on spring break - one this week and one next week, which means they'll BOTH be home this weekend! And that makes me want to do a handspring!
4. What's something you do to make yourself look or feel more confident?
Dress the part; fix my hair, wear an outfit that I know I look good in, etc.
5. It's National Celery Month...are you a fan? If so, what's a snack or dish you enjoy that calls for celery?
When I think of celery, I think of the holidays - appetizers that have pimiento cheese in celery and celery in the dressing!
6. What's one thing you wish you'd learned sooner?
7. Would you like to own a second home? If so where would you want that home to be?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
One thing I'm loving about spring besides the warm weather is seeing the fruit start appearing in the grocery store. The strawberries have been wonderful!
View blog reactions